What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Re: "Leviathan", B&M giga coaster for Canada's Wonderland

Has anyone noticed that there's a long, tall section of flat track at the end of the layout? I know these are meant to be brakes but isn't this a bit over the top?

Hopefully, this is to enable 3 trains to run at once. Otherwise, I can't see how, given that the coaster has no MCBRs.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ thats probably why the coaster has such a long brake run. They are getting 3 trains.
Also I looked at the layout closely in the video and it seems the way it interacts with dragon fire right at the end wouldnt allow there to be another hill or twisty or whatever. Ive noticed pretty much all B&M tall coasters (megas and the like) hit the brake run after going up a hill, instead of down a hill into the brake run. They just probably left it this way with the long brake run cos there wasnt room for another hill. They couldve added a trick track longer bit at the end, but honestly Leviathan doesnt need it and theyre already spending 28 Million dollars. lol.

marc

CF Legend

Ok call me stupid but they already have Behemoth so why do they need this? I would have thought it would have been better to go for something they dont have.

Ben

CF Legend

^You mispelt 'wasting 28 million dollars'.

Might as well have bought 28 million dollars worth of hookers and coke all the use this will do anyone.

Intricks

Strata Poster

@D1993 that post wasnt to you...you beat me to posting that in my own words lol. I am annoyed that people called this a glorified Hyper, not you. Sorry for the misunderstanding :)

^^ They already have a giga? When did that happen? Before Behemoth was ever made? Seriously, if it was an Intamin all of you haters would be screaming like a little fangirl about how awesome the ride would be, even if Intamin completely cloned Behemoth. They went with B&M...please, get over it and stop your damn whining already.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Shubinine

Mega Poster

^ that.

+ This is nothing like behemoth, it only has 3 big camelbacks,then it has 3 overbanks, and those low level turns. This is better.

marc

CF Legend
Re:

Intricks said:
@D1993 that post wasnt to you...you beat me to posting that in my own words lol. I am annoyed that people called this a glorified Hyper, not you. Sorry for the misunderstanding :)

^^ They already have a giga? When did that happen? Before Behemoth was ever made? Seriously, if it was an Intamin all of you haters would be screaming like a little fangirl about how awesome the ride would be, even if Intamin completely cloned Behemoth. They went with B&M...please, get over it and stop your damn whining already.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Dont bother me what make they get, I just thought it looked like the one they already have or similar that was all. I just did not see the point that was all. Sorry for speaking my mind next time I will run it past you 1st before I post :) People are allowed to make errors without having that type of reply.

Giga/Hyper same bloody thing just one bigger than the other.

I would love either in the UK though just upsets we cannot get them :(

Error

Strata Poster

2 words: Holy ****.

At the very least, this looks different. It's very cool to see B&M do a giga coaster, seeing as only Intamin/Morgan has done them before. Yes, they also have Behemoth, but I don't think the public will really care.

Ben

CF Legend

Um B&M hypers are probably my favourite ride type... There's just no need for them to hae TWO.

This does NOTHING Behemoth doesn't... Except it does it higher. It's a colossal waste of money when any other B&M would have been a better decision. I'm sure the ride will be great but it's still an awful business decision...

Newtrek5

Mega Poster

Man I hate to say this, but this ride does not excite me one bit. The layout looks boring and short for it's height. I do like the low hill/turn after the hammerhead, but once again B&M cop out by making everything big and drawn out. Perhaps the finished project will turn out to be a great ride, and the skyline of CW will be beautiful once this is added.

But I have yet to be impressed by anything announced yet for 2012. Next up, Dollywood...

steel

Mega Poster

It has a **** ton Behemoth doesn't. A hundred extra feet, for starters, plus the longest drop in the world from a lift hill, two very small hills taken at high speeds, two extra overbanked turns, different trains, and interaction with the park entrance.
You're being kind of a gigantic tool, just saying. I'm sorry you didn't get the 350 foot 9-inversion launched flying coaster you wanted, but this is a huge step for CWL. Do you really think they won't be able to sell a 92 mph gigacoaster with an 80 degree drop? You must be pretty goddamn jaded if you think this is anything like disappointing, and I don't even know what to think if you think this was a waste of money.
SFGAm had Demon and Shockwave for years and years, an no one complained then. HW has Wildebeest and is getting Mammoth, which is way more like its predecessor than Leviathan is like Behemoth, and no one complained there. This is pointless whining. Seriously, get over it, no one in the GP is going to care at all. End of the day, it's another gigacoaster, and I feel very bad for you if you can't get excited about that.

...Call em like I see em.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

I agree with Ben. It looks like a superb coaster, but I don't understand why you would add it in so soon after Behemoth and make essentially the same ride again?

Okay, Cedar Point did it with Magnum XL and then same kind of ride only bigger with MF, but in terms of technology and design, MF is light years ahead of Magnum. You're never going to come off one mistaking it for the other.

However, "Giga" seems to be the new fashion, it's the first B&M to top 300 feet and it's a significant "new ride" for CW. I assume they think that all of those things will be enough to sell it to the GP as a reason to keep returning.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

This should have been at one of the FOLLOWING parks:
Worlds of Fun
KBF
Dorney
Valleyfair
Michigan Adventure

NOT at the park that has a 70' shorter version of this exact same thing!

Edit: Didn't mean to delete my post but yeah, disappointed at location.

Ben

CF Legend

God you're an idiot...

I mentioned the height, dear. Behemoth has hills and overbanks so that leaves us with... Nothing... Oh different trains... Oh it has the old ones? The ones Behemoth improved... OK SCORE!

If a park with an invert got a slightly bigger one with a different loop on it, people would be saying it's stupid. This is as stupid. It's stupid to think people wont notice it's the same... I'm not jaded nor did I want whatever you suggested I wanted, I just am sensible enough to realize this is what they built three years ago. Might as well get another SLC whilst they're at it...

No other park in the World has randomly built two of the same types of B&Ms (minus IoA obviously)... Why do you think this is? Because they have enough to choose from so you don't have to repeat rides maybe?

Fool.

kimahri

CF Legend

Well, I like it. So there. Laevateinn would be a cooler name except not biblical like Behemoth but I like that name as well.

steel

Mega Poster
Re: Leviathan - B&M giga coaster for Canada's Wonderland

Yep, that's effective. Just go ahead and continue to call me names. See if that works.
Asshole.
See, I can do it too.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

steel said:
It has a **** ton Behemoth doesn't. A hundred extra feet, for starters, plus the longest drop in the world from a lift hill, two very small hills taken at high speeds, two extra overbanked turns, different trains, and interaction with the park entrance.
You're being kind of a gigantic tool, just saying. I'm sorry you didn't get the 350 foot 9-inversion launched flying coaster you wanted, but this is a huge step for CWL. Do you really think they won't be able to sell a 92 mph gigacoaster with an 80 degree drop? You must be pretty goddamn jaded if you think this is anything like disappointing, and I don't even know what to think if you think this was a waste of money.
SFGAm had Demon and Shockwave for years and years, an no one complained then. HW has Wildebeest and is getting Mammoth, which is way more like its predecessor than Leviathan is like Behemoth, and no one complained there. This is pointless whining. Seriously, get over it, no one in the GP is going to care at all. End of the day, it's another gigacoaster, and I feel very bad for you if you can't get excited about that.

...Call em like I see em.

I complained about Mammoth Wildebeest because its **** stupid. That being said, it's at a water park, which can have multiple of the same thing, I mean every water park has 4 of the same slides just mirrored at every structure. You acting like this is something that needs to be treated as royalty is ridiculous. It has the same overbank turnaround. It is not 100 feet taller, try 70 feet. It is not the tallest drop, that belongs to Kinzel's love machine known as Millennium Force.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

I'm biting my tongue on saying B&M refused to build above 250 ft., but will however point out the new, stronger A-frame support system that makes Leviathan's height possible. I need something to redeem myself. :razz:

It looks cool, but like everyone else am miffed at trumping a B&M Hyper with... a B&M Giga. Trumping MF with TTD was understandable, as they are two very different ride experiences (and trumping Gemini with Magnum, again, two Arrows, but different ride experiences). But this does seem a bit baffling, especially with the return of the straight row trains. (Yes I know, it is probably to cut down the length of the train for transitions)

I won't say "nay", but I will say "wha?"

kimahri

CF Legend

^^^ Ben is a pissy person. Don't think anything of it since it just ends in a tennis match and then furie, most of the time.