What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

This seems like a bit of a stretch here people....

Switching between the hideouts'...

michaellll

Mega Poster

Of course it's probably a stretch, but you don't have to be condescending about it! I think it's quite funny. I'm pretty sure this discussion is allowed to be enjoyed.

I didn't know the park had jew roots :wink:

tomahawk

Strata Poster
RE: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

Remember, this is the same company that renamed a slew of rides flight deck.

Sent from your mom's home

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

A friend tweeted something about it being called Leviathan this morning.

I hope so, that's a very good name indeed. And it would make sense seen as the other one is called behemoth.

D1993

Hyper Poster

furie said:
steel said:
D1993 said:
someone please confirm this: I already asked, but the COUNTDOWN says 8 hrs 50 mins, and if it is currently 810AM, that means announcement will be at 5PM, right?
I know I already asked, but im getting confused cos different people are telling me different things and I dont want to miss the live announcement.
Its seeming to be the most exciting coaster of the year and if I miss the announcement that'll suck. I love staying up and waking up early it adds so much more to the excitement.
What countdown are you looking at? It says 22 hours 14 minutes.

That'll be because it's based on the time on YOUR PC!!!

So it's only going to be correct if you're on the East coast of Canada.

awww man that is so stupid!! Im so annoyed! I got all excited and woke up this morning and im sitting at the countdown and it says 1 MINUTES left and I get so excited. Then it reaches zero. Still Nothing. Nothing on facebook or their website.

Ugh....dam SYDNEY!!!

steel

Mega Poster

This logo has surfaced and something is happening at leviathan.canadaswonderland.com, so I actually wouldn't call it a stretch.

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster

WOW (with a Christopher Walken reaction). To my surprise, the new ride at Wonderland is in fact, a B&M giga. The name is most probably going to be called Leviathan (which makes sense, Behemoth and Leviathan). This ride is looking BAD-ASS! Here is the promo image that is on CoasterCrazy.com (link is here http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26428&whichpage=5)

tracks.png

Titan

Mega Poster

I dont know if I totally believe these leaked images. Why would B&M go back to the 4 straight abreast? They left that arrangement to go to the stadium-like seating, like behemoth has. The name is pretty awesome though.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Stadium seating probably doesn't handle stress as well. Silver Star at whatever park it is in, uses 4 across seating. Plus, the stadium seating was made for everyone to be able to see when riding it. I'm certain everyone will see though. My only question though, is that what about the lift speed. Is it going to be slow, so you are basically pissing yourself at the top, or will they speed it up a bit. I'd prefer the slow lift for dramatic purposes :3

steel said:
This logo has surfaced and something is happening at leviathan.canadaswonderland.com, so I actually wouldn't call it a stretch.

I'm almost certain this is not going to be named after a book series. The names are coincidental with the books...nothing more. Cedar Fair doesn't have that type of intelligence when it comes to naming things, nor that depth of insight either.

I will admit though, Leviathan is growing on me now that I have seen the rendering, although the logo can use a lot of work imo.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Looks like a logo a fanboy made, and that concept looks like it is high hills/Behemoth with extra height and different colors. Hopefully I am wrong.

Titan

Mega Poster

Intricks said:
Silver Star at whatever park it is in, uses 4 across seating.

Thats because Silver Star is older. B&M used the straight 4 abreast for its earlier Megas. They went to the stadium seating in 2008, with behemoth being the first to use it. I personally think it really doesnt make much of a difference to the rider. Ive been on Nitro with the old trains and Intimidator with the new trains. I just think that the stadium seating makes the trains look ridiculous.

The more I think about it, the more I question B&Ms use of the 4 abreast trains on a Giga. Those B&M trains are so tall, they have so much aerodynamic drag. Even when you dont sit in the front row it is still very windy on a B&M mega. Im not sure how practical it is to use those trains going around 90mph.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

If the ride really is called Leviathan, then I personally think CW screwed up in the planning of this and Behemoth. Behemoth is right next to the lake on the way into the park, so surely Leviathan would be more suitable for Behemoth, and a ride in Dragon Fire's current spot would be more fittingly named Behemoth.

The promo image looks like somebody went into NL, made some huge ride, took screenshots, and photoshopped the images together. I'm still skeptical and I'll believe it when I see it.

Also, did anybody happen to change their clocks to a time after the announcement to see if the website showed something different?

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster

Looks like a logo a fanboy made, and that concept looks like it is high hills/Behemoth with extra height and different colors. Hopefully I am wrong.

The image wasn't made by a fan boy. It was leaked from the Canada's Wonderland site. It's the real legit "Canada's Wonderland proof-stamped image" thing. Proof of it being real should be on the site in 6 hours or so. :)

The promo image looks like somebody went into NL, made some huge ride, took screenshots, and photoshopped the images together. I'm still skeptical and I'll believe it when I see it.

Actually, Cedar Fair did the image or had a graphics company do it for them. If it was a photoshopped image of an NL ride, then this image below would have been too. The trains are WAY too detailed for it to be NL. It could be 3DVIP (http://3dvip.com/) though. The graphics in the image and the graphics in theirs look quite similar..

behemothpre2.jpg

andrus

Giga Poster

Titan said:
I dont know if I totally believe these leaked images. Why would B&M go back to the 4 straight abreast? They left that arrangement to go to the stadium-like seating, like behemoth has. The name is pretty awesome though.

B&M said themselves that it's up to the park whether they want the 4-abreast seating or the stadium seating arrangement. From 2008 an on the parks have the option to choose from the two different styles (earlier they only provided the 4-abreast option).

D1993

Hyper Poster

only 16 minutes left! This time I will actually get to see it! Thats is, im calling it this is gonna be a GIGA! hahahahahahahaha lol

I'm assuming they're putting it up now because it says the page can't be displayed? It better be good.

Shubinine

Mega Poster

So actually has the announcement already been made or we still waiting for it.. If yes where will we be able to see it..