What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Footers have been spotted as being poured on-site, with rumors of an 8 inversion Intamin (the most in North America) circulating.

What do you think?

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

^ Yeah Colossus isn't very spectacular at all!

I hope it is something original and unique, not boring.

andrus

Giga Poster

I believe that if Intamin would build a new 8 inversion looper it would be much more exciting than Colossus! If the 12 inversion coaster is anything to go after it would probably feature a norwegian loop and maybe a mega-lite turnaround.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster

As there is little to go on in terms of information, this should be a good guessing game.

Any pictures emerged of any ground-work or the footers being poured? Might give us a bit more of a clue as to how much space the ride fits into and an idea of the size of the footers might help too.

The newer Intamin designs for multi-inversion coasters did look quite exciting, although the corkscrew element looked just as overused as the barrel roll on the current 10 inversion model.

Anything from the park in terms of teasers/advertising around the park?

I think I wouldn't be all too silly to rule out a B&M - if we are to go down the route of 8 inversions, a big 8-inversion sit-down B&M is very unlikely to roll out of the B&M factory any time soon, although I could be quite wrong. Although that floorless coaster did open in Asia not so long ago, the floorless model is still quietly lingering and I can't see it making an almighty come back as of yet. A stand-up would just be god damned awful and even B&M pretty much hate them now, so that's ruled out. Plus with all the work B&M are doing in Europe and elsewhere for 2012, I feel they have far too much on their plate for one year.

Just a few thoughts.

kimahri

CF Legend

6 posts in and we've already got wild speculation. Great going guys, at least there was no B&M aquatrax and Intamin flyers.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster

kimahri said:
6 posts in and we've already got wild speculation. Great going guys, at least there was no B&M aquatrax and Intamin flyers.

It was one post in and there was already wild speculation ;)

A

Anonymous

Hyde244 said:
with rumors of an 8 inversion Intamin (the most in North America) circulating.
That won't work...
Intamin already have one 8 inversion coaster in North America...

Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
Not one of those stupid intamins with so many heartline rolls
You are confusing it with the 10 inversion version of the ride, the 8 inversion one only have 3...

If this is true then we can always hope that they have made a new layout (which I doubt)...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

loefet said:
Hyde244 wrote:
with rumors of an 8 inversion Intamin (the most in North America) circulating.

That won't work...
Intamin already have one 8 inversion coaster in North America...

That won't stop them claiming they have the record. :) Most inversions North of Guatemala?
I think if it's true its a pretty good business move. It will get a ton off attention in the press just for having 8 inversions.

real

Roller Poster

Are we really calling something with 10 inversions boring? What in the world have we gotten to... I Think the ride looks quite fun. Its a roller coaster with some airtime, lots of twists, turns and I love hang time and there's plenty of that.

ry1996

Mega Poster

Ive been looking at Maverick Construction pics form 2007 at Cedar point and it seems The footers seem to match the ones for An intamin Blitz coaster, If the footers are round "they are" IT MUST be intamin AG

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

real said:
Are we really calling something with 10 inversions boring? What in the world have we gotten to... I Think the ride looks quite fun. Its a roller coaster with some airtime, lots of twists, turns and I love hang time and there's plenty of that.
Yes. 10 inversions are boring. This:
h3k7gcp40m2000anp7k5lj.jpg

Is boring. Very.

ry1996 said:
Ive been looking at Maverick Construction pics form 2007 at Cedar point and it seems The footers seem to match the ones for An intamin Blitz coaster, If the footers are round "they are" IT MUST be intamin AG
Say what?

tomahawk

Strata Poster

My question is why? They just got Behemoth, what, 4 years ago? Why the need to just go 50 feet higher since we all know CF doesn't want any conventional coaster taller than Millennium Force i.e. I-305.

andrus

Giga Poster

^Yea I know, I doesn't make sense at all.. But here's the picture that started the rumour:
capturewg.jpg

Taken from CWMania

A

Anonymous

^^ But if they were to go for something like I305, then it would be a different experience compared to Behemoth.
I mean one is built for "airtime" and the other one for speed and directional changes, how many other parks have rides that resembles each other, but do different things.
If you were to put your logic to it's extreme then the question is why they got Behemoth in the first place, I mean Taxi Jam does the essential same thing as Behemoth...

BTW, why are you complaining they are getting a new massive coaster!!!

^ Nice!!

If this is true then Intamins decision to redesign the whole track/support system to reduce the cost of the ride have really paid of. Since it mean that we will see many more of these big rides in the future...

Ben

CF Legend

Yeah, a Giga would be the most pointless thing ever.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ why?
with giga coasters theres so much they havent done. there are only 3 giga coasters in the world. Intimidator 305 came out far different from the others and how everyone was expecting, so who says CW cant put in another different-styled giga coaster?
and even if it was like I305, thats not like behemoth at all.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Does anybody else think there's a chance that the ride will be a launched giga coaster? Imagine something like Xcelerator, but scaled up. It would compliment Behemoth fairly nicely and wouldn't be about massive hills.