What's new

Canada’s Wonderland | Tundra Twister | Mondial Avalanche | 2023

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Did get to visit Canada’s Wonderland the other day, Tundra Twister is still commissioning but it already has quite the presence. It is quite the visceral experience if you manage to catch the ride in motion while on Yukon Striker’s midcourse/second drop, it swings way too close to the track.

Also did attempt to ride Snoopy’s Racing Railway, from what I observed they’re having to turn away ALOT of people including families not in utter compliance with the chaperone policy. The coaster has become a point of contention across the park, I did pick up on a lot of unhappy conservations throughout the day. As an enthusiast I’m glad that the measure isn’t popular with the public, hopefully it will pressure the park to drop it eventually as all they’re doing right now is keeping the line short and causing constant PR for their ride ops.
F7558710-BDD0-4696-B32A-00D7EE1426C3.jpeg
0EC637E6-75A3-4006-892A-82F2B4795311.jpeg
71BF66E7-AE53-43AE-8D5B-7436D43B5AEB.jpeg
5DA955F6-13E9-488B-A301-CDC7C964CD51.jpeg
A37EF6B8-5AAE-4D57-95A5-ED4C1460C42A.jpeg

cookie

Giga Poster
I honestly don't understand the rider policy at all. The one in Austria doesn't bar adults without a kid from riding it AFAIK, so this is on Cedar Fair and not the manufacturer. At least with Taxi Jam I can see where the issues would lie given the cramped cars and shared lap bars — but SRR has none of those constraints, plus it's a far more intense-looking ride which may scare off very small kids anyway. It just seems so needless to me.

Last edited:

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Did Tundra Twister last week and think its kind of underwhelming. Due to its size the movements are quite slow - its a similar ride experience than a Zierer StarShape. The Mondial TopScan - which one can ride at the park for comparison - is much wilder.

As I already knew about their plicy for family/kiddy coasters didn't even try to do that.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Had the pleasure of riding both Snoopy’s Racing Railway and Tundra Twister this morning, so yeah.

Snoopy’s ride experience is nothing to write home about as an enthusiast. For a kid, though, this is a fantastic and unconventional layout that zips through many great theming elements and packs some launches as well as a big drop at the end. The trains are very spacious and accommodating, the ride isn’t too intense, and the queue line is very well done. Happy to have been given the opportunity to get a lap in.

Tundra Twister is a bigger bone of contention, as it runs a frustratingly restrained “Cedar Fair” cycle. The surroundings definitely elevate the experience, as you do swing overtop of and interact with Yukon Striker and the waterpark buildings. It’s got Mondial’s improved restraints, which are less bulky and allow for more arm room. As a ride however there are no forces, although I know people who have apparently gotten great cycles on it. Regardless it’s the best ride we were likely to get in this location, would love to see a Mondial Avalanche run in Europe.
60C24A46-1D96-4867-8EA1-9651EFA78E6A.jpeg
CEE62CB0-1868-4755-9492-EA6C9DD9EA55.jpeg
70A64EA4-D4FE-4C81-B3B4-3F810AA6EF90.jpeg
4EDC49C6-8927-4960-B74D-34D45AAED866.jpeg
EC89E6ED-6CE8-42BB-9238-DA50D436A4A4.jpeg
2D5DA950-20C1-4F68-966C-5A8A19A5C615.jpeg

CoasterEv

Roller Poster
Had the pleasure of riding both Snoopy’s Racing Railway and Tundra Twister this morning, so yeah.

Snoopy’s ride experience is nothing to write home about as an enthusiast. For a kid, though, this is a fantastic and unconventional layout that zips through many great theming elements and packs some launches as well as a big drop at the end. The trains are very spacious and accommodating, the ride isn’t too intense, and the queue line is very well done. Happy to have been given the opportunity to get a lap in.

Tundra Twister is a bigger bone of contention, as it runs a frustratingly restrained “Cedar Fair” cycle. The surroundings definitely elevate the experience, as you do swing overtop of and interact with Yukon Striker and the waterpark buildings. It’s got Mondial’s improved restraints, which are less bulky and allow for more arm room. As a ride however there are no forces, although I know people who have apparently gotten great cycles on it. Regardless it’s the best ride we were likely to get in this location, would love to see a Mondial Avalanche run in Europe.
View attachment 25389
View attachment 25391
View attachment 25392
View attachment 25393
View attachment 25396
View attachment 25399
Whole-heartedly agree when it comes to Tundra Twister. I was there last Friday and had the chance to ride this beast. Grabbed a seat on the very edge, and it was "meh", at best. I could definitely see the potential if the ride cycle was more impressive, but almost all of the ride cycles at Wonderland suck the life out of the amazing flats they have.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
but almost all of the ride cycles at Wonderland suck the life out of the amazing flats they have.
I mean, this goes for any Cedar Fair park (and most big corporate parks) when you focus on short ride cycles in order to increase hourly capacity and more tame cycles to downplay people potentially getting sick and causing a downtime... you end up with lame rides that could have been awesome

CoasterEv

Roller Poster
I mean, this goes for any Cedar Fair park (and most big corporate parks) when you focus on short ride cycles in order to increase hourly capacity and more tame cycles to downplay people potentially getting sick and causing a downtime... you end up with lame rides that could have been awesome
Absolutely. I've always said I wish they would have an "18+ / adults only" day once and a while. No kids all over the place, and they could ramp up better ride cycles for a night on the flats to keep us thrill-seekers appeased. *chef's kiss* lol.