• Total voters

ThemeParkHistorian

Roller Poster
Better park?
Disney California Adventure Park | Disneyland Resort
Universal Studios Hollywood: Can't-Miss Thrills for Movie, TV Lovers

Peet

Giga Poster
I enjoy the contrast between Matt N's dissertation-style topic starter posts, and this two-word one. But I don't understand why you would create a poll between 2 random parks without saying what you think or why you think these 2 parks should be compared...?

Matt N

CF Legend
I guess they’re both in California, and are owned by two of the main theme park rivals in Disney & Universal, respectively, so I guess that invites comparison to an extent. But they’re not two parks I’d naturally compare, I’ll admit, and I’m not sure they are exactly the most comparable, personally.

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
The shows and the studio tour look swell in Universal Studios Hollywood but half the rides there are screen rides... California Adventure on the other hand looks STACKED ... it got Cars Land, World of Color, lobster nachos, what more could ya ask for

ThemeParkHistorian

Roller Poster
I enjoy the contrast between Matt N's dissertation-style topic starter posts, and this two-word one. But I don't understand why you would create a poll between 2 random parks without saying what you think or why you think these 2 parks should be compared...?
I thought writing a big essay would make people mad but I guess saying little does so even more.... Lmao

Anyway, they're the two side theme parks in California next to Disneyland. I didn't really count or factor Knotts, SFMM, or SeaWorld. But, DCA and USH are the lesser two to Disneyland (the best theme park in California). I was interested to see how the results would end up with these two parks.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
I thought writing a big essay would make people mad but I guess saying little does so even more.... Lmao

Anyway, they're the two side theme parks in California next to Disneyland. I didn't really count or factor Knotts, SFMM, or SeaWorld. But, DCA and USH are the lesser two to Disneyland (the best theme park in California). I was interested to see how the results would end up with these two parks.
Yeah, explaining why you’re comparing the two parks in the original post helps put them into perspective for others and will probably make them more inclined to actually answer the poll as well.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
From a global draw perspective, Disney by a mile for me. It's full of unique wonders like GotG:MB, Radiator Springs Racers (two of my absolute favourites), that nice rapids and Incredicoaster.
Having already done Asian Universals I took one look at the Hollywood lineup, then the price, and simply noped out of even visiting. It just didn't seem worth it.
This opinion is circa 2019 though. Jurassic Park has been redone and they've got that pets ride now 🤷‍♂️

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I enjoyed California Adventure a lot more than I was expecting to. Radiator Springs Racers is one of the best things Disney have ever done.

Universal Hollywood is my least favourite Universal Park (yes, including Singapore), though I really liked the studio tour.

So, California Adventure it is.