What's new

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Oh for ****s sake.

Sorry a ****ing 300 foot/100mph+ coaster isn't substantial enough for you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
When I say more substantial, I mean in terms of length, not height and speed. Neither of those necessarily make a great ride, whereas length is a key aspect for me, and if it is anything like Red Force, then yes, I really do wish they were getting something more substantial, so deal with it. No need to be so ****ing aggressive.

Last edited:

tomahawk

Strata Poster
When I say more substantial, I mean in terms of length, not height and speed. Neither of those necessarily make a great ride, whereas length is a key aspect for me, and if it is anything like Red Force, then yes, I really do wish they were getting something more substantial, so deal with it. No need to be so ****ing aggressive.
There was a leaked station blueprint. Where did you see it was an accelerator? I saw a 4 car train using Drachen Fire station and a turn leading into it. Hell, RMC could have a lattice structure for their new mid tier model. Mack could. It could be an I-305 lift structure too. We know nothing.

Stop jumping to conclusions.

There was a leaked station blueprint. Where did you see it was an accelerator? I saw a 4 car train using Drachen Fire station and a turn leading into it. Hell, RMC could have a lattice structure for their new mid tier model. Mack could. It could be an I-305 lift structure too. We know nothing.

Stop jumping to conclusions.

Whatever the type of coaster, I'll be happy with anything tbh. Back to back thrill level coasters is enough for me lol

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Wait a second... you're saying they'll build a Giga Coaster one year after Pantheon? That would be an unusual business decision to say the least, something we haven't seen since Six Flags went amok around the turn of the millennium. For the moment, I'm being a little more skeptical. For instance, the coaster and the 100-m ride with "a slender lattice structure" being separate rides, for instance a Vekoma family coaster and an S&S Shot Tower. Or the whole thing is bogus or we're looking at "Project 2023" and not 2021.

If the 355ft tall ride is a coaster, I have an alternative idea that could have about 16 riders per train and could well have a lattice structure; T-Rex, anyone?
That could be good, but personally I am believing it'll be a Red Force type coaster and that's a launch coaster that the park needs. Verbolten (Family Launch), Tempesto (Shuttle/Forward and Backward Launch), Pantheon (Multi Launch) and this one focuses on acceleration (like a true Red Force coaster)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The station floorplan depicted a four car train with two rows per car. T-Rex coaches have three rows per car.

While it does seem a bit fishy, BGWFans has laid out some evidence that this will be a fairly significant addition... whatever it is. Soil samples have been collected from a truly enormous plot of land - it's literally that entire side of the park. In addition, the supposed highest point (behind Verbolten) is nearly a quarter mile hike from the current Midway. It'd be a tall order to ask guests to walk all that way for something like a star flyer unless they are planning a legitimate expansion with multiple rides.

I don't even know anymore :eek:
Whoever is deciding ride additions at SeaWorld at the minute is crazy :p
I'm in agreement, whoever is in charge of deciding new rides at SeaWorld parks, please let any close colleagues know that some Six Flags parks need some attention. Some need coasters and one DOSEN'T need one

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
What @Antinos said.

If it came from just about any other source, I'd call it unlikely that ANY coaster would be added the year after Pantheon. But the fact that BGWFans says everything about the document checks out, and clearly shows a roller coaster (with a proposed height of 355ft) is monumental. "If its fake... it's the best damn fake the industry has ever seen." as they say. I did a little digging & tracking and found out that the picture of the station plan was taken recently (sometime this past week) in the park operations building at BG, so take that as you will.

As for the type of ride this could be, I would be expecting something similar to Red Force at PortAv. Before Pantheon came about, I'm pretty sure the park was going to add just that, starting where Drachen Fire once stood and crossing the river to where Pantheon is going. That plan got shot down and Pantheon replaced it.

Never in a hundred years would I have thought that both projects would happen, let alone in back to back years. But that seems like it's got a good shot of happening.

Skeletor

Roller Poster
I'm with @Hutch here. Visited for my first time this summer and it's easily my favorite park. Adding more monumental coasters is just really solidifying that they aim to keep pushing forward and be a force to reckon with.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Six flags great adventure added kingda ka in 2005 and el toro the following year
And the whole chain went belly up right afterwards, for closely related reasons. With that knowledge in mind, I wouldn't think Busch Gardens is too keen on repeating that stunt.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
On the other hand, Cedar Point added Millennium Force, Wicked Twister, and Top Thrill Dragster within a four year period and were perfectly fine. Six Flags demise was brought about by chain wide expansion instead of just one park adding two big coasters in back to back seasons. And while we are watching Sea World do this, they do have a surge in attendance and stock price going for them. I can't speak for Six Flags' stock prices, attendance, or other statistics from the decade prior to bankruptcy, but I don't think their business was rebounding like Sea World's is.

Intricks

Strata Poster
You also have to add in the fact that Six Flags bought SEVERAL parks, and added in a crap load to all of them within a relatively short period (for instance, Geauga Lake when it became Six Flags Ohio added in what, 4 coasters in one off season before adding in a 5th not even what felt like 2 years later?). Six Flags put out a HUGE amount of money in a really short time period without watching for proper returns on their investments. Sea World, while putting in large investments financially, arent also buying several pre-existing parks and building them up as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
What seems to be quite the intriguing update from BGWFans