What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Pantheon | Intamin LSM Coaster | 2022

bernatc22

Mega Poster
I'm well aware of the cost, efficiency and smoothness pros the new track style provides. After all the regular steel truss design is almost twenty years old, and in this time roller coaster design has obviously progressed. I was just stating my personal preference LOL, call it nostalgia or whatever you like ,but personally I'm a steel truss guy.
Nevertheless at the end of the day an Intamin is an Intamin and that's what truly matters!

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
This new track is definitely easier to manufacture, but I'm ever so slightly concerned for the long-term durability of it. I can't look at this track without thinking how flimsy it looks. We'll see how it holds up over the years though.

pajama sam

Roller Poster
This new track is definitely easier to manufacture, but I'm ever so slightly concerned for the long-term durability of it. I can't look at this track without thinking how flimsy it looks. We'll see how it holds up over the years though.
I must say the track looks like it is not like the high stress track found on I-305 I have to wonder whether intamin has already phased out high stress track mk1 and are now making this mk2 version

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
c55f1521f13f971a4b32a82e09a645c6.jpg
c98c26b6d586fe561acef7c2fdcf964c.jpg

You can see the mk1 track uses tubes to connect the track to the spine, whereas the mk2 uses flat metal to connect the track to the spine

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I wasn't expecting to think much of that track colour, but boy-oh-boy, that is luuuuuurvley.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Those are indeed the rumors going around from BGWfans
At first, I wrote them off as being crazy; getting a giga coaster the year after a terrain focused multi launch coaster seemed insane, especially given Busch’s post-Blackfish financial situation. However, more significant evidence involving leaked documents and rumors has made this rumor more credible in my eyes.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
BGW fans has been spot on since Mach Tower was built. While details for the 2021 project are still fuzzy and few and far between, it does suggest something massive is coming. At the very least, it's an intriguing project to follow at this stage.

I am not really surprised at how quickly the beginning of this ride has shot up. Much of the ride is low to the ground which makes erecting the tiny support columns super easy. Little cranes are much easier to come by, and parks usually have a small crane or two in their possession for their various lifting needs. I bet they're running double or triple duty on raising supports for all the low zones.

I imagine construction will slow down a bit once they reach the tall portions of the ride - namely the tophat and that outside banked curve.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Are you saying they'd open this in 2020 and a Giga in 2021?
Almost makes me wonder if a coaster will be removed to compensate. Loch Ness Monster has passed 40 already, being built in 1978. Other than that, BGW's lineup is surprisingly recent. The next oldest coasters are Alpengeist from 1997 and Apollo's Chariot from 1999. I remember the construction thread for Griffon (back in my lurking days), but it's the fourth oldest coaster in the park now.

But yeah, if something is to go, it'll probably be Nessie. If it stays, then BGW's lineup will have grown quite a lot in a very short time. From 6 coasters in 2009 (and then only briefly, as Big Bad Wolf was torn down later that year) to 10 in 2021, with all the five additions being pretty major.