What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Pantheon | Intamin LSM Coaster | 2022

davidm

Strata Poster

Not convinced that site ^ is fully live yet tho' :)

Few dead looking links, but can see this detailed (ha) layout;

pantheon-diagram.ashx

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If you think this ride looks meh then your standards must be unbelievably high.

Pantheon will literally be better than every coaster in your country lol
He's part of the Gerstlauer Appreciation Society. He wouldn't know a good ride if it hit him in the face.

And yes, @CrashCoaster before you say - I'll rename the topic and move it across to the construction area. ;)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Did you like Maverick? Want it to be a little faster and with a backward launch? Great!

Solid ride, best of 2020 from what's been released thus far.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
So is it Pantheon or is it The New Pantheon?

What a weird name for a coaster, like calling a launch coaster “Notre Dam” or “St Pauls Cathedral”.

Pear

Strata Poster

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
At first, I thought the rumored name choice was rather odd; however, it's grown on me quite a bit since the announcement came around. Fortunately for me, Busch Gardens Williamsburg is a bit over 6 hours away by driving; I can't wait to get on Pantheon in the next few years! I've been fascinated by the concept of a swing launch, and Intamin's involvement makes me even more excited for this new coaster.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Here's the highest res I can find of the layout:Pantheon-Diagram.png

To confirm stat rundown:
- 95 degree drop
- multi-launch (3), including swing launch
- 178 ft. tall
- 72.5 MPH top speed
- 2 inversions

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah, I’m definitely gonna plan a visit next year. I know there’s some rumors for something in 2021, but who knows what that is. This will be great.

2020 is shaping up to be a great year for new rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
So is it Pantheon or is it The New Pantheon?

What a weird name for a coaster, like calling a launch coaster “Notre Dam” or “St Pauls Cathedral”.
Well, no.

The word "Pantheon" also refers to a group of gods, and it seems from that massively detailed layout that each element is named after a Roman god.

You're all welcome.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

oriolat2

Giga Poster
OK. I am going to post 3 thoughts about this ride:

- Who said BGW didn't want to work with Intamin and that's why they got Verbolten and Mach Tower from Zierer?
- That name sounds cool but the random bits of track associated with each god is just ridiculous. Like, it doesn't make sense?
- I was kind of expecting 3 trains: after all, 20-people trains are not large, and this will get a lot of people. I would think they could manage to have one train in the station, one on the course and one at the brakes...

Skeletor

Roller Poster
So I missed the announcement cause west coast + go live day for the week. Did they show or discuss anything to do with the trains/restraints outside of capacity?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Pear

Strata Poster
OK. I am going to post 3 thoughts about this ride:

- Who said BGW didn't want to work with Intamin and that's why they got Verbolten and Mach Tower from Zierer?
- That name sounds cool but the random bits of track associated with each god is just ridiculous. Like, it doesn't make sense?
- I was kind of expecting 3 trains: after all, 20-people trains are not large, and this will get a lot of people. I would think they could manage to have one train in the station, one on the course and one at the brakes...
I asked on a tour why they went with Zierer and they said it was because they already built the kiddie coaster from them they knew they could provide a good family attraction. Also Mach tower is Moser not Zierer.

I quite like how each element has to do with a different god. The swing launch being Mercury running messages back and forth between Jupiter and Neptune is a very creative idea. I was expecting 3 trains too but hopefully the throughout is good enough with 2.