What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg | InvadR | Family GCI

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
https://www.facebook.com/BuschGardens/videos/10153509975958315/?fref=nf

I'm really surprised SeaWorld can afford stuff this late. Not to mention they just got Tempesto.

They do mention the word "drop", indicating a coaster(or a dark ride w/ a drop section, which I doubt).

w8P1rGr.jpg

Ben

CF Legend
Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg Project 2017

I wouldn't worry about them being able to afford stuff, especially at their profitable parks!

Also I wouldn't count Tempesto as a major attraction - and it seems to have flopped a bit (because it's **** and cheap and sticks out in that gorgeous park).

If I was a betting man I think I'd say B&M Flyer - I don't really know why though. I just can't see them getting a Wing Rider with Griffon but it hasn't stopped Gardaland or Cedar Point or Heide Park actually.

Hmm maybe a Wing Rider xD

But I can just see them going back to nice tried and tested B&M - it's time they got a BIG solid thrill coaster, they haven't done one since Griffon and that's nine next year!

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I would say the park needs another big high quality family coaster. Busch have been known for adding similar rides to the two parks, so it's not entirely unlikely the park will get something similar to Cobra's Curse.

They do seem to hype it up a bit so it could also be a big ride.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I'm really loving their marketing take on this. Cheesy, but its certainly got me listening.

ParkFans.net/BGWFans is the place to go for BGW rumours, news and leaks... http://bgwfans.com/2016/project-2017-is-real/

They're certain its a coaster, I'm not sure anyone would doubt that.

I'm not sure what my guess would be at this stage... That parks had a weird few years. A return to B&M wouldn't surprise me, but neither would a continuation down the weird route of recent.

I think an RMC would really fit in at BGW. I don't know how I feel about the likelihood of them getting one, though. But it would be unique to the area, too.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

B&M 4D /// laucnhed or a launched B&M flyer... Because, yeah.

Maybe the removal of Tempesto <3

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

The top 3 possibilities are B&M Wing, B&M Flyer, or an RMC. I really want it to be a flyer, as long as it's one of those OMFG flyers like Sky Ripper and Flying Dinosaur. Otherwise, RMC please.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster

^That. If its as crazy as SSR/Flynosaur, bring it on. If not, gimme a good ol' RMC woodie:)

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Another teaser

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPofruRjjhQ[/youtube]

The rate these are coming out makes me think they're trying to get ahead of construction starting earlier then after the end of this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ Rather, they could be looking at a construction schedule even further advanced, such as pouring footers, erecting track mid 2016 season.

*shudders* Sorry, I just had a flashback to the 2 and a half years of Maverick construction discussion. :razz:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^But Atlantis Adventure is 72.2 feet. ;)

I'm honestly thinking an indoor spinner, based on what is presented(groundwork, new water pipes, etc. for ground clearing, and buildings for the coaster and shops).

Ben

CF Legend

If that's true I'll be so upset, they'll have really overhyped it.

I dunno why they just keep shoving the **** stuff in Italy!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

GuyWithAStick said:
Here's a thing that got leaked!

https://seaworldparks.com/~/media/P...burg/Images/Pages/Project-2017_The-Plans.ashx

There are 17 pages, they're all quite confusing, but I did make out that it'll probably be in the Italian area, and it won't be over 60 feet. It also appears that there are quite a few sketches of water drainage mechanisms.

Well crap.
These are the same blueprints that were shown on the teaser video. So readers beware - it could be a red herring. Notice for instance that everything past the first page has been blurred to low resolution.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Pretty sure that's indeed an intentional leak or red herring, brilliant.

See, BGW have had ongoing battles with fans. Psychotically over the top, imo... They've tried to censor them and it hasn't worked for a certain group of fans. Is this the park going "fine, we'll play it YOUR way!" I hope so.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Yeah, the more I look at it, the more suspicious it looks. Especially considering how dubious the URL is.

Ben

CF Legend

k3sbwF3.jpg

This whole campaign so far has been wonderful, I just hope the end product is worth it.

But colour me intrigued!

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Reading that the new attraction apparently won't be over 60 feet tall, I am wondering if Busch Gardens Williamsburg has enough terrain elevation to pull something like Boulder Dash or the infamous Alton wooden coaster?

If they could do something like this using RMC, they would probably have one of the best-rounded coaster collections in the US.

Although my inner troll hopes that this is just BGW messing with the enthusiasts and they build some another stupid ride like Tempesto, a Fabbri spinner or something. :lol:

Snoo

The Legend

oriolat2 said:
Reading that the new attraction apparently won't be over 60 feet tall, I am wondering if Busch Gardens Williamsburg has enough terrain elevation to pull something like Boulder Dash or the infamous Alton wooden coaster?

If they could do something like this using RMC, they would probably have one of the best-rounded coaster collections in the US.

Although my inner troll hopes that this is just BGW messing with the enthusiasts and they build some another stupid ride like Tempesto, a Fabbri spinner or something. :lol:

They DO have that sort of elevation change but nothing quite like what you see from Boulder Dash (in terms of placement). The river gives them a good chance to do that but they kind of avoid that area short of Verbolten.