What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

skyvscoasters

Roller Poster
Not to be a downer, but with Disney and Universal closing how much longer do you think it’ll be until Seaworld and BGT follow the same patern? I really hope they don’t but it seems like they eventually will and that’ll just delay the opening of Iron Gwazi. :(

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Shame about the closure, but here's another testing video by Midway Mayhem. It seems like the ride will have the Iron Rattler slowdown at the lift crest:-

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Is there a reason why RMC seem to only do 6 car trains? Off the top of my head I can't think of any of their coasters that have more/less.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
It's just what works best I guess. Would be weird seeing them regularly make shorter or longer trains. Medusa's the only one that differs, as it occasionally runs 5 cars while certain cars get rotated for maintenance.

Jodon

Roller Poster
Is there a reason why RMC seem to only do 6 car trains? Off the top of my head I can't think of any of their coasters that have more/less.
Not an engineer, but my guess is that having more than 6 cars would not allow them to do some of the maneuvers Schilke wants. I would think that the geometry of first drops and the like would have to change somewhat significantly to allow a 7 or 8 car train.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I would imagine that there are three contributing factors: weight, overall length, and dispatch intervals. Weight is surely the easiest to consider - I don't know how much each car weighs, but they don't look light. As @Jodon mentioned, RMC is probably balancing the intensity of their rides and the elements they select with the weight of the train. Overall length is another likely factor that probably doesn't pop into people's heads. Many of RMC's rides are conversions and have pre-existing infrastructure that acts as a constraint in design. Again, I don't know the length of each car in a train, but it's probably not identical to the PTCs or whatever rolling stock the previous ride had. I also cannot find a predecessor that used more than seven cars per PTC 2-bench trains. Finally, RMC may have realized that a six car train is as optimized as can be for hitting the best dispatch interval possible, so that's just what they do on every ride.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I have heard rumours from a fairly reliable source that the coaster has ceased testing for the foreseeable future, likely due to COVID-19.

Will post back if I can dig out some more info.