What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

Doublethink

Roller Poster
An enthusiast im good friends & who has gone on SteVe rode Zadra with me earlier this year- he thought Steve was still in another league though Zadra is his no 2.

I think this looks like it will be better than Zadra and has the speed and intensity of that ride but won't have the length or airtime to make it a vengeance killer.

We will see with time. Should be getting my own ride on vengeance in a couple of months!

KIFan

Roller Poster
A little bit confused by all the hype on this ride. Doesn’t look to do anything new or particularly innovative. Just a bunch of turns and a few rolls. The drop is the tallest...by like a foot. It’s steeper...by one degree. It’ll be fun, but nothing mind-blowing. Just a lazy design from RMC and Busch Gardens, like BGT only begrudgingly built this to shut up all the fans. I’m sure if Gwazi was totally demolished, something super unique could have been built instead. Doesn’t even use the dueling feature. The ride looks good but not great.

Pear

Strata Poster
Last edited:

bernatc22

Mega Poster
A little bit confused by all the hype on this ride. Doesn’t look to do anything new or particularly innovative. Just a bunch of turns and a few rolls. The drop is the tallest...by like a foot. It’s steeper...by one degree. It’ll be fun, but nothing mind-blowing. Just a lazy design from RMC and Busch Gardens, like BGT only begrudgingly built this to shut up all the fans. I’m sure if Gwazi was totally demolished, something super unique could have been built instead. Doesn’t even use the dueling feature. The ride looks good but not great.
I find it truly hilarious that you, of all people, are criticising this ride for "not being unique".

KIFan

Roller Poster
Steel structure for the lift hill? I thought this was supposed to be a hybrid? Where’s the wood? #notahybrid

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Hey look, the troll hates your posts!

Anyway, it's interesting to see just how much of the ride is being reinforced with steel supports. They have obviously learned from their previous mistakes. It is looking fantastic though, and I expect the final track pieces will be placed in the next week or two. I reckon we will see more structural bracing before full-circuit testing commences.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Anyway, it's interesting to see just how much of the ride is being reinforced with steel supports. They have obviously learned from their previous mistakes.
I wouldn't necessarily say "mistakes". Are there really any? It's probably more that the existing structure wasn't up for the expected forces (possibly even more so given the wood sat there rotting in the Florida heat for the best part of four years).

But I will agree, either way it does look fantastic! :p

emoo

Hyper Poster
Watching SV sway so much every time it goes through one of the larger elements is a sight to behold, but perhaps more give than required.

Also they use more steel on bizarre angles.

Once I start noticing the surrounding material going through that element, I don't predict it will hinder my enjoyment.