What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

MakoMania

Mega Poster
When they say this ride will have 2 trains, I wonder if it will actually only have 2 or if it will have 3 with 2 able to run at the same time. Having what will be such a popular ride at a 365 day park with maintenance pressures surely requires a purchase of 3 trains.

Kärnan Unchained

Roller Poster
Pantheon, in the sister park has also only two trains even though it's a popular park and the ride is able to run three trains, so I think Iron Gwazi will also run only two trains.
I don't know why Seaworld decided to do that but they will have a reason, maby the year was a bit expensive because of the five new rollercoasters and they must save money

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Pantheon, in the sister park has also only two trains even though it's a popular park and the ride is able to run three trains, so I think Iron Gwazi will also run only two trains.
I don't know why Seaworld decided to do that but they will have a reason, maby the year was a bit expensive because of the five new rollercoasters and they must save money
The crucial difference is that Busch Gardens Williamsburg is not a 365 day park, so they will not have to drop to one train operations every time they want to perform maintenance on a train because they have closed days to do it.

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
I'm kinda getting pissed at the lack of train purchases recently. Granted, this ride and Pantheon have no MCBR.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm kinda getting pissed at the lack of train purchases recently. Granted, this ride and Pantheon have no MCBR.
Panteon has two launches, right? That counts. Taron doesn't have an MCBR either and that thing eats people up. If I'm not mistaken, you could dispatch another train on Pantheon after the previous train clears the top hat. That way, by the time a train reaches the switch launch, the previous train should be on/or have cleared a brake run at the end.

Last edited:

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
I agree, but I think it also has to do with the layout of the footers. If this was the same height as the original Gwazi, it would be no problem, although they could have added a large airtime hill in there as the second or third element maybe. Anyway, knowing RMC, every single element will be packed with airtime of some sort. I personally think the rendering is off. If I recall from the official teaser, the length of that first sideways banked element was longer and the airtime more intense, so I don't think we should judge it yet by anything fan made.