What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
These updates are awesome but I have a question... since there is a TON of structure to be built, is it because they are waiting for the heat of the summer to go away before doing more structural work?

Morkins

Roller Poster
These updates are awesome but I have a question... since there is a TON of structure to be built, is it because they are waiting for the heat of the summer to go away before doing more structural work?

That is part of it. There are also a lot of rain/thunderstorms during the summer in Florida. There is also the factor of the park having stuff going on with prep for Howl-o-Scream and various other events. They probably don't want construction with Gwazi to be too disruptive to the other scheduled events and large scale construction will have a big impact on the backstage infrastructure even if it isn't in public parts of the park, so they might be waiting until a less busy season before scaling up the construction. I am sure they have a target date and they have a ton of time left...

DeathmetalmikeNL

Roller Poster
Off topic- That would be a bummer! Is epcot worth it without that extra coaster?

On-topic this thing look good already! Cant wait for the construction to pick up.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Iron Gwazi!

-206ft tall
-76mph
-12 airtime moments
-91° drop
-3 inversions
-4075ft long
-48 inch height restriction
-Crocodile theme

EEQ4In9X4AEjer_.jpeg

Last edited:

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Iron Gwazi!

-206ft tall
-76mph
-12 airtime moments
-91° drop
-3 inversions
-4075ft long
-48 inch height restriction
-Crocodile theme

View attachment 6235
What a meh name....
The problem is it only really works if you know the ride used to be called Gwazi

Last edited:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Iron Gwazi...ok, Six Flags. Of all the names they could have used (Uproar was my personal favorite), they chose that...?

Hopefully the real announcement gives us some renderings.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
They couldn't use uproar if they wanted to go for a crocodile theme though?

There's better names in the world for sure bit frankly I couldn't care less, this ride is gonna be a beast!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I mean the ride looks pretty amazing, but the name? Yaaaaaaaaawn.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Excited for the coaster, but I’m not a fan of the name. I really hope that ‘Iron Gwazi’ is just a placeholder and they go for something more appropriate, like Tamsah (Crocodile in Arabic).