What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

Brad32803

Roller Poster
I do not think you can compare timelines on press releases for seasonal parks to what happens in the Orlando market - in addition with Universal’s Epic announcement and Star Wars opening anything that BGT/SWO do right now is going to get lost in the hype of the larger projects going on

MakoMania

Mega Poster
On the right of the below screenshot you can see the massive outward banked turn that will come straight after the first drop. It also appears that the first (beyond vertical) drop will bank to the right a little at the bottom as opposed to being a perfectly straight drop like on Steel Vengeance.
Screenshot_20190816-213249_Chrome.jpg

Apologies for the low quality of the next one but you can see that after the outward banked wave turn (not sure what its technical name is) that dives under the lift hill there is a low to the ground airtime hill, followed by some sort of banked turn that then leads into the inverted stall which we have seen in the POV teaser today.
(Upon closer inspection it seems the banked turn that I talked about after the small airtime hill may actually be a wave turn a la Outlaw Run. It looks that way at least.)

Screenshot_20190816-212811_Chrome.jpg

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
If I had my PC, I'd be all over this with putting up a POV for y'all?

Notable new layout findings:
-First element is very similar to Zadra's, with the large left-banked upwards turn, with a right-hand tip-out on the exit.
-After the reverse bank thing beside the station, we have a small hill into a wave turn. Sweet.
-A stall!! Doesn't look all that interesting tbh, I just wanna see the slap that results from it.
-After that, yada yada a couple airtime hills.

Glad that there's more airtime moments than I put in my original concept video, but kind of surprised that there's only 2 inversions.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
If I had my PC, I'd be all over this with putting up a POV for y'all?

Notable new layout findings:
-First element is very similar to Zadra's, with the large left-banked upwards turn, with a right-hand tip-out on the exit.
-After the reverse bank thing beside the station, we have a small hill into a wave turn. Sweet.
-A stall!! Doesn't look all that interesting tbh, I just wanna see the slap that results from it.
-After that, yada yada a couple airtime hills.

Glad that there's more airtime moments than I put in my original concept video, but kind of surprised that there's only 2 inversions.
Could there possibly be a 3rd inversion hidden elsewhere in the layout? If so, I'd very much expect it to be a zero-g roll, as that seems like the only logical choice.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
On the right of the below screenshot you can see the massive outward banked turn that will come straight after the first drop. It also appears that the first (beyond vertical) drop will bank to the right a little at the bottom as opposed to being a perfectly straight drop like on Steel Vengeance.
View attachment 5904

Apologies for the low quality of the next one but you can see that after the outward banked wave turn (not sure what its technical name is) that dives under the lift hill there is a low to the ground airtime hill, followed by some sort of banked turn that then leads into the inverted stall which we have seen in the POV teaser today.
(Upon closer inspection it seems the banked turn that I talked about after the small airtime hill may actually be a wave turn a la Outlaw Run. It looks that way at least.)

View attachment 5905

That outer-banked turn doesn't look like an full outer-bank, it looks like an inversion. More specifically, a modified double-inverting corner stall (like on Untamed). This coaster is gonna be nuts.

So that makes four inversions (unless I'm wrong about the stall), plus a possible fifth right before the wave turn over the station (construction photos and teasers got me confused on this element).

Full layout appears to be...
  • Pre-lift section (unknown)
  • Lift hill
  • Drop
  • Double inverting corner stall (?)
  • High right turn into a zero-g roll under the lift hill
  • Mini-drop
  • Either a massive turn OR an inversion
  • Wave turn
  • Speed hill
  • Wave turn
  • Zero-g stall
  • Speed hill
  • Airtime
  • Airtime
  • Airtime
  • Brakes

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
That outer-banked turn doesn't look like an full outer-bank, it looks like an inversion. More specifically, a modified double-inverting corner stall (like on Untamed). This coaster is gonna be nuts.

So that makes four inversions (unless I'm wrong about the stall), plus a possible fifth right before the wave turn over the station (construction photos and teasers got me confused on this element).

I don't wanna be "that guy" to come in and blast you and say you're wrong, but I gotta it here. The first element shown in that animation is 1000% not a double inverting corner stall. It's exactly like Zadra's first element. Scroll up and read my other post.

As for a layout breakdown:
  • Prelift
  • Lift
  • Drop
  • Left Hand Upwards Sweeping Non Inverting Half Loop Turn w/ Off Axis Tip-Out Drop (yes i just made this name up to be as obnoxious as possible)
  • Right Hand Upwards Sweeping Non Inverting Half Loop Turn w/ Barrel Roll Downdrop (this one too)
  • Left Hand Upwards Sweeping Turn w/ drop
  • Right Banked Outside Top Hat beside the station
  • Speed Hill
  • Wave Turn
  • Inverted Stall
  • Speed Hill
  • Elevated Twisted Double Airtime Hill
  • Airtime
  • Brake Run

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Oh I feel the headache coming on already.

That turn is not outward banked in any way, shape, or form. If it was, it would kill you. The highest installed ledger is banked at about 100° inwards. It will exit the downwards roll, curve up and to the left, then drop down. Not up for debate.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
^Yeah I figured. Sometimes the horizontal ledger has to hang over the structure a bit, so you get the diagonal one to brace the other. No biggie:)

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Here we have it - TRACK!!
68740559_2410259959219608_7031036260131012608_n.jpg

Source: Midway Mayhem Facebook