What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Interesting news here. Again from First Drop magazine.
And I quote.

While I'm sad the duelling element is going. This sounds like an absolute monster of a coaster.

Do you subscribe to first drop yourself? If not, how did you come across this information.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I’d say bummer on taking out the dueling, but then Twisted Colossus happened.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I’d say bummer on taking out the dueling, but then Twisted Colossus happened.
Such a true statement. Then again, Six Flags budget for 10 years is what Busch is spending in 2 years, but still. So much lost.

Get ready for all the Euphrates shirts at Cedar Point in 2021.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TilenB

Strata Poster
Interesting news here. Again from First Drop magazine.
And I quote.

While I'm sad the duelling element is going. This sounds like an absolute monster of a coaster.
Woah, that sounds pretty crazy. Where in the magazine did you find that bit of info? I skimmed through the whole thing and found no article about the RMC Gwazi. Is it mentioned somewhere else?

Luca B

Mega Poster
I honestly don’t see this happening, they would have to add so much structure and most of the existing structure is way too small to be able to accommodate for such a large coaster. While the leaked stats would make for a great ride, I just doubt that it is possible.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I honestly don’t see this happening, they would have to add so much structure and most of the existing structure is way too small to be able to accommodate for such a large coaster. While the leaked stats would make for a great ride, I just doubt that it is possible.
It mentioned the use of a steel structure for the lift hill. Probably something similar to Goliath and Wildfire.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
While the leaked stats would make for a great ride, I just doubt that it is possible.
which stat are you feeling isn’t possible? Height? Speed? Removing the dueling?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It sounds like they'll be pouring new cement somewhere outside the current footprint (or I guess inside maybe...point is that they'll have to pour new cement) and build a completely new steel structure that doesn't exist with what's currently standing. I'm having trouble hypothesizing where exactly this lift is supposed to stand. I suppose it could run right down the middle of the current footprint away from the midway, or maybe on one of the sides or maybe they'll utilize the empty space behind the ride? This ride, especially with this new information, has so much potential considering that they can cross over to the other track of the current Gwazi, plus their willingness to add new structure.

J Rod

Roller Poster
I could have never guessed they'd turn this into such a monster. I just need it in my life now.

Luca B

Mega Poster
which stat are you feeling isn’t possible? Height? Speed? Removing the dueling?
It probably isn’t possible because of the compact layout, as if it’s going at around 70mph, then it would probably hit 6/7gs in many of the turns. I would say the limit for the height would probably be 150ft, but anything much more than that is probably impossible.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Exactly this.

There's a huge difference between a flat banked 180º turn with a small radius and an overbank turn that also has a small radius. From above, they both take on similar footprints, yet their profiling allows the overbank turn to accommodate much higher speeds than a flat turn would.