What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

kenny cook

Mega Poster
Incase nobody's noticed, the job estimate is $200,000. So this is far from confirmed, more likely just structure upkeep to keep it up to code (as of the moment)

gabe

Roller Poster
Incase nobody's noticed, the job estimate is $200,000. So this is far from confirmed, more likely just structure upkeep to keep it up to code (as of the moment)
And the fact that BGT literally said they’re turning it into a hybrid doesn’t mean anything?

kenny cook

Mega Poster
And the fact that BGT literally said they’re turning it into a hybrid doesn’t mean anything?
That does mean it's eventually getting RMCd, but the idea that it'll be opening in 2019 (like many people claim) because of this when they've only bid for $200,000 amount of work is totally out of the realm of possibility. I'd expect that money to cover basic inspections, light demolition of track that won't be used, etc.

Matt N

CF Legend
So the permit essentially confirms what was already heavily rumoured, then. It is certainly an exciting step, if you ask me, and the only thing I want to do now is; get the hype for this thing rolling! It's an RMC, and who doesn't seemingly love an RMC based on current reviews? Not only that, but it's also the first RMC that there's a possibility of me getting on in the near future, so I'm pumped for this thing to open!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Interesting news here. Again from First Drop magazine.
And I quote.
"The new Gwazi will make some major modifications to the duelling coasters. The first of which is to remove its duelling element. A new steel structure lift hill will give the coaster a 65m (212ft) 91degree first drop. Making it the tallest and steepest RMC hybrid coaster as well as the tallest coaster in florida. The original lift hills will remain and feature as "normal" hills on the new track"

While I'm sad the duelling element is going. This sounds like an absolute monster of a coaster.

Khris

Roller Poster
Interesting news here. Again from First Drop magazine.
And I quote.

While I'm sad the duelling element is going. This sounds like an absolute monster of a coaster.
Again? So have they released information previously that nobody else did that has since turned out to be true? That would give this more credibility.