What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Iron Gwazi | RMC Gwazi | 2022

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Are you serious?? That’s so dumb, the absolute worst thing that could happen is that Iron Gwazi stays dormant for years, but I don’t see that happening, I see they will pay this off real soon
The ironic thing is, is that you didn't see that as sarcastic at all which kinda makes you look dumb.

I think we need to start a new thread on this site to teach people the concept of sarcasm as the number of users who are blinded by it is shocking (not that I've never been one of said users myself). /s

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
To build off of what @Hixee said, the ~9 million stated by RMC is likely raw material and prefabrication costs, and not labor or any of the surely long list of things that require payment.

Mitchell

Roller Poster
The ironic thing is, is that you didn't see that as sarcastic at all which kinda makes you look dumb.

I think we need to start a new thread on this site to teach people the concept of sarcasm as the number of users who are blinded by it is shocking (not that I've never been one of said users myself). /s

... right, I know it's pretty obvious that it's sarcasm, but one of the most important elements of sarcasm is tone of voice, which a post online can't convey all that well.

Of course they aren't gonna demolish the coaster day by day, but the joke weren't that funny to begin with and the thing I hate about this whole forum the most is people throwing snarky comments at others who just want to know what's going on.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
... right, I know it's pretty obvious that it's sarcasm, but one of the most important elements of sarcasm is tone of voice, which a post online can't convey all that well.

Of course they aren't gonna demolish the coaster day by day, but the joke weren't that funny to begin with and the thing I hate about this whole forum the most is people throwing snarky comments at others who just want to know what's going on.
I get that a tone of voice sometimes tells why someone is being sarcastic but this was pretty obvious

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Fair enough, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that that post in particular wasn't serious.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
The lien states the UNPAID amount, which is not necessarily the cost of the coaster.

This aggressive sounding situation is not uncommon in construction. The problem Seaworld has is it’s liquidity - how much cash is has. Obviously several million in cash can go a long way. In some circumstances, it may be ‘idiotic‘ for Seaworld to pay RMC if doing so would create even bigger problems for them.

Obviously the cold business reality is not nice for the fans.

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
Nobody really knows, but from what I think and hear about this, it sounds like these sorts of things happen with projects all the time. Perhaps part of the process with something this big.

Plus due to the Virus stuff, i imagine a lot of SeaWorld's management operations have been limited which could cause a payment to be delayed etc.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I saw the post the other day and it read to me as "we can't wait to go back to Busch Gardens and we can't wait to see Iron Gwazi testing," and not actually an indicator that testing will resume.