What's new

BTCC 2010

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
To be fair, I've seen a more accurate representation of racing at the local fair with the dodgems :lol:

That's why I love it.

I'm going to an event this year, just trying to decide between Croft, Oulton Park and Donnington. That's if there IS an event at Donnington...

jayjay

Giga Poster
^^Furie, I'm hoping to get to Oulton this year.

Good start to the season I think. Not the most exciting races compared to last year (Rockingham and Brands Hatch spring to mind), but there were some good moments. Giovanardi made a fantastic start (boo) and to think he wasn't even going to be in until about a week ago.

Some of the newbies are doing very well this year.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
jayjay said:
^^Furie, I'm hoping to get to Oulton this year.

Good start to the season I think. Not the most exciting races compared to last year (Rockingham and Brands Hatch spring to mind), but there were some good moments. Giovanardi made a fantastic start (boo) and to think he wasn't even going to be in until about a week ago.

Some of the newbies are doing very well this year.

That's to be expected with Thruxton though, is more of a flat out circuit so there won't be much overtaking.

3rd race was the best, typical Matt Neal driving though, wished that twat would **** off banger racing where he belongs.

jayjay

Giga Poster
^tbh I haven't been following BTCC long enough (only since Snetterton last year) to pick up on people's driving habits. He got taken out himself though, so there's a bit of natural justice there somewhere. I did like Turkington's clean racing last year. Shows you don't have to be forceful to win (but obviously contact makes things loads more entertaining).

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Matt Neal = tosspot. What the hell was that? Then in the pits going "he mustn't have seen me coming through"?

Well, no, he probably wasn't looking for you entering a gap which didn't exist Matt.

Yeah, not the most exciting race, but looking forward to Brands Hatch in three weeks time.

Jayjay, I'm looking at Donnington, though the track may not be ready :( It's the only weekend the three of us going have free in any way, shape or form. Fingers crossed they can lay a track and get it running by September - though it doesn't look good.

marc

CF Legend
Come to the one at Brands Hatch and stay for the weekend, we are like 45 mins from there.

Have to admit I feel asleep waiting for it to start, the other racing they were showing on tv bored me in the end.

Mind you I had just watched the F1 race lol.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Looks like I will supporting Tom Chilton again this year seeing as he is nephew to my friend , his brother Max is heading for F1 in the not to distant future though.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Beans said:
Looks like I will supporting Tom Chilton again this year seeing as he is nephew to my friend , his brother Max is heading for F1 in the not to distant future though.

I can't see Max in F1 to be honest.

I watched the last BTCC race from the bar at Oulton Park. Entertaining, for all the wrong reasons. Matt Neal is a dick. He just didn't bother braking for Club at all, and tried to use the other cars as brakes.

This is why I don't like BTCC, you can have great racing without that sort of rubbish.

Beans

Hyper Poster
I actually agree about Max but his aunty said that is where he is being pushed.
Tom however wants to try power boat racing this year so not sure how much he will do in cars, we will see, I will be seein his aunty again in just over a week as we work together so will pick her brains.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
BTCC today has been awesome, the Ford Focus is definitely the best car on the grid! Two wins for Chilton!

jayjay

Giga Poster
Agreed, second race was great. Lots of overtaking and cars going off all over the place. The incident after one of the restarts with Sheddon was interesting. Good save, but it still cost him the win. The safety cars were annoying, but a necessary evil.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It was frustrating to watch with all the stop/start (I know it's needed).

Was great to see the difference in cars though with the different tyres in the last race. Some good stuff in there, just a little bit bitty compared to normal. Shame as it's such a great track.

I'm ready to get booked for Donnington in September as they claim it'll be ready - fingers crossed.

jayjay

Giga Poster
As I said in this thread already, I went to watch this at Oulton Park yesteray. What a great day it was.

The first race I watched from on the hill on the inside of Fosters and that was a very spectacular race. Rob Collard did a good job of climbing from 6th to 3rd. Overtakes all over the place.

By the second race, I'd moved to a place next to Knickerbrook which had a much better view of the area. Everything seemed to happen on the first lap and then things stopped happening. Good win by Plato though.

The third race had too much safety car for my liking. Neal won (booo) and hence took the lead of the championship.

Apart from the major races, the Ginetta Juniors race was very fun to watch. One car spent the last few laps driving round with its bonnet hanging off the side of the car and trailing on the floor. There was lots of overtaking and it made for a very fun race to watch.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I enjoyed the first couple of races, but the V+ box decided to not let me watch anything after the first 3.5 hours :roll:

So I missed the final race - sounds a bit iffy to me anyway.

I'll be at Donnington if they manage to get it open (sounds a little likely as they've booked a race for two weeks earlier than the BTCC).

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone other than me and (begrudgingly) Martyn watch the racing at Croft last weekend?

It's quite a dull track to look at, flat and uninspiring, but it's very fast.

Some great racing and lots of bumper car-ing going on. Really enjoyed the races (and I managed to record it all this time :) )

Martyn

Giga Poster
furie said:
It's quite a dull track to look at, flat and uninspiring, but it's very fast.

Quite true, but I love Croft! That's the only reason I watched it. It's a fun little circuit.

Tim Harvey claiming that the drivers have exceptional talent because they don't brake for corners and just lean on other cars just makes me angry though.