What's new

Brighton March 09 PTR

peep

CF Legend
Yesterday I met up with my friend Danielle in Bromley. We both wanted to do something but we didn't know what. After having some lunch in the Marks and Spencer cafe we headed to Bromley South station to get a train somewhere.

"Where should we go" we pondered. We decided upon either Brighton or Hastings. After some time we ended up purchasing tickets to Brighton.

We were thrilled to be on our way.

We got on our Southeastern train to London Blackfriers. Where we got off and changed to the train to Brighton.

This leg of our journey was to be of high annoyance. The train was slow and didn't move very fast. It also made a sound as if a dinosaur had got stuck under the wheel of the train. Horrible noise.

Anyways we finally arrived at Brighton about an hour and a half later. There was a horrible strong wind which made it quite cold. Danielle wanted a scarf so we headed to the shops first. She ended up getting something from Primani for £3.

We then continued down to the seafront. Danielle needed to take some more money out of an atm machine. While I waited a man began to queue for the machine. Bored waiting he decided to talk to me about how his money comes in on a Sunday even though the banks are closed. I believe he was drunk, was a very odd encounter. We felt like taking some random photos near the ruins of the old pier. There were also some surfers which was random.

Danielle needed the loo so I waited outside and this cleaner decided to start talking to me. I was rather confused. At first I thought he was talking about the weather "looks like the storm has passed" then a couple of sentences later and I somehow worked out he was talking about a rush of peeps that had come to use the toilet facilities. I was confused and decided to try and guess all 40 dangers in this poster.

We then continued our walk where we found this awesome thing.

There was lots of old rusty boats so we decided to take some pics :p

We then found this museum in the alcoves so we decided to take a gander.

Next thing in the alcoves was some awesome stores to purchase paintings by local artists. I loved the images but I couldn't afford any of them. We were getting near the pier by now, this pleased Danielle.

We first purchased doughnuts and ate them while we walked up towards the rides. About 3 rides were open and despite the sign saying cheaper ride prices for 2009 it lied. We opted out of doing any of the rides and headed back down the pier via the arcade. The arcade was packed, so this is where everyone was hiding :p

We decided to take our picture with the Pirates of the Caribbean toy.

We were then tempted to go in the Sea Life centre but we didn't.

We then went over to the palace thing which was cool.

After walking round the little streets where all the shops were closed we found this wall covered in graph which wasn't an eyesore.

It was getting dark and we were getting hungry, we ended up in a fish and chip shop which was very mediocre.

It was then time to get a train back home.

We both had a very random but fun day.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Nice report Peep, did you not do Brighton Pier too?

Nice photos anyway, Brighton beach has so much stuff to take good shots of.

peep

CF Legend
^We did go on the pier, we just didn't do anything. The only rides open were the two spinny rides the haunted house and I think Turbo might have been open. Tbh we couldn't be arsed to spend £3 on each ride, wasn't worth it.