What's new

Brand New or Pre-owned Electronic Goods

I prefer

• Brand Spanking new and delivered on a silver plater.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gimme Pre-owned. Same thing but cheaper!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kimahri

CF Legend
So yeah.

What is CF's opinions on buying CD's, Movies and Video-games that have been pre-owned?

This question came about when I remebered about 2 occasions where 2 different people wouldn't buy a game because it was pre-owned dispite being cheaper.

Lain

Giga Poster
Pierre said:
I'll buy pre-owned games, but I won't buy a pre-owned console...

Likewise.

In terms of music and DVDs and stuff, they're so cheap nowadays, it's pointless going for preowned stuff.

Ollie

CF Legend
I don't buy pre-owned stuff as if you shop around then you usually find it cheaper.
Although sometimes the pre-owned stuff on Amazon and Play.co is pretty cheap. :)
I only do it for games and DVD's though. Nothing expensive.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Lain said:
In terms of music and DVDs and stuff, they're so cheap nowadays, it's pointless going for preowned stuff.

Likewise.

£3 for a dvd, Blu Rays from £8 - you really can't go wrong.

Ben

CF Legend
I only do it for games, but I can't remember the last time I bought a game...

DVDs are too cheap to bother!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, do it for games all of the time. I play a lot, so can't afford to buy new all the time. I can usually wait until a game is down to £15 or less second hand before I get it as well. :)

My PS3 is pre-owned actually. It saved me an absolute fortune and it's been running well for 2 years now. Though I can see your qualms Pierre about buying second hand - I can imagine there's a good chance of the console failing ;)

the_missus

Mega Poster
I usually buy preowned stuff...nothing against anything being new I just find it a bit cheaper....although a lot of DVDs seem to be cheaper new...but definitely with games I always but preowned, I don't care enough about them to pay full price for them!

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
If the second hand electrical device comes with a decent warranty, then i'll get it. But i normally buy first hand, but have a good shop around first.

Most games are second hand, as it saves a few pounds, and they cant really go wrong....

A

Anonymous

Mainly pre owned unless its a console or a pre order. as I shop at CEX i tend to get alot of 2nd hand junk.

Emmett

Giga Poster
If its an item which I can't find brand new like an old release then I would have no problem buying something second hand. But its a bit of risk of what condition it will be in. Otherwise I would prefer forking out for a new copy.

Its still nice to have a brand a new copy with a perfect sleeve/cover on the cd/dvd/game.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I love buying DVD's etc from new as the case is perfect and the disc is so clean and unscratched.

These things are so cheap now that it's not worth buying second hand as it's cheaper or more expensive than new.

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
Pre-owned all the way!!!

The only non pre-owned games i've got are the ones that came free with the
console!

I've never ever had a problem with pre-owned items... Got a couple of games systems that are that way inclined too...