What's new

Boulder Dash

drzkid64

Roller Poster
This might be a noob question, but what exactly makes Boulder Dash so great. I haven't been on it, im hoping of going on it this year but im just wondering.

Snoo

The Legend
Personally.. it's from the airtime.. setting.. and INSANE triple up. <3

I need to get back on it myself as I haven't been in a number of years.

Jer

Strata Poster
For me, B Dash was all about location and pacing, put that thing anywhere else it would be meh, but being on that mountain side, with all the trees coming so close to track just made it so much better. hen the pacing was perfect, apparently when I rode it the trim was catching more than it should so it kind of coasted onto the brakes, but even still, it was beautifully paced.

Oh and the airtime was great too.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
For me it was all about the outwards bit along the edge of the mountain. It was the way the coaster would just suddenly fall away from you as a complete shock, and as it gave airtime, it was proper full out of your seat until the coaster hit the bottom of the hill airtime. It was just unexpected and wild. The back run after the turn araound I found to be less enjoyable. It was too controlled and "deliberate" and lost the shock value the first half had for me. It wasn't organic enough. It was still excellent, but I preferred the outbound section along the side of the mountain.