What's new

Real Madrid World | Hala Madrid | GCI Wooden Hybrid Coaster | 2024?

Christian

Hyper Poster
The day a Six Flags Park gets a Winjas inspired ride or clone is the day the fourth horseman shows up.
What were you expecting from a ride built for a Six Flags park? ?

True

I don't know, cloning a ride built 18 years ago seems like it would be up the alley of Six Flags. Slap the name of a DC comics character on it and give it a few decoration pieces made of plywood and paint, and it'd be ready to be rolled out across 17 parks over a period of 2-3 years.

If you are building a Maurer spinner why not aim for the best even if it 18 years old? If Six Flags were to build indoor Winjas at every park I wouldn't complain. I don't care about the tacky theming as long it is pitch black you cant see it. Surely Six Flags wouldn't afford to keep the lights on ;)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
If you are building a Maurer spinner why not aim for the best even if it 18 years old? If Six Flags were to build indoor Winjas at every park I wouldn't complain. I don't care about the tacky theming as long it is pitch black you cant see it. Surely Six Flags wouldn't afford to keep the lights on ;)
They'd build the coaster, but probably not the building. Why build a themed building when you have all-authentic parking lots to serve as a backdrop for the coaster?

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
What would be considered the best themed coaster of the entire 6 flags chain actually?
I was impressed by Wicked Cyclone actually having theming - torn up storm chasing scenery and narrative weather report videos in the station.
The indoor wild mouse at SFGAdv with the preshow and things crashing into you might be better though, sadly.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Six Flags only have 3 well themed coasters and they are all clones of each other. They are the Dark Knight Coasters at Great Adventure, Great America and Mexico (haven't ridden this one though). Even here the theming is weird but they are well themed.

Everything else ranges from no theming to almost well themed. Here are som that stand out to me:
  • Batman Clones: These things are great coasters and they are also almost in the well themed category. They have an incredible queue line, great batcave station and most even have some theming during the ride. I might even consider these ones well themed, they are just so good.
  • X-flight at Great America: This thing has a great tower during the ride, otherwise it completely lacks theming.
  • Kingda Ka: I heard that this thing was ones well themed when the Golden Kingdom was in it's prime but SF has slowly neglected it, removed the animals and closed part of it. I still like the Bamboo vibes so it has some slight theming.
  • Riddler's Revenge at SFMM: It's a controversial opinion but I love this ride. The queue is great, especially in the dark, the station is themed and it the building facades in front of the trench during the ride are really cool. I wouldn't say it is well themed but it certainly is themed.
  • Superman at SFMM: Another victim of SF neglect but the station is still interesting, it really gives me krypton feelings. Although I wouldn't want to spend a minute extra in this station as it absolutely stinks of sweat and vomit. The ride is also well painted. Six Flags have neglect this thing to the point that it is not enjoyable anymore.
  • West Coast Racers: I cant make up my mind if I could even consider this thing themed but I guess it has a car in the queue and a small tv when you are waiting. The area around it is also really cool.
  • Apocalypse: Finally the coaster I was most looking forward to because I had heard it was well themed. Let me tell you that this thing is disappointing. Don't get me wrong the couple of rooms that are themed are incredible but nothing else is themed. The queue is a series of cattle pens, the station has no theme whatsoever and there is nothing themed throughout the ride. Really disappointing.
That is what comes to my mind when thinking of themed Six Flags coasters, there are a couple more that I haven't experienced but generally I don't think anything is better themed than the Dark Knight Coasters.

Last edited:

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
  • Apocalypse: Finally the coaster I was most looking forward to because I had heard it was well themed but let me tell you that this thing is disappointingly themed. Dont get me wrong the couple of rooms that are themed are incredible but nothing else is themed. The queue is a series of cattle pens, the station has no theme whatsoever and there is nothing themed throughout the ride. Really disappointing.

Apocalypse was a lot better when it was Terminator, the pre shows were pretty cool. I miss being able to "take the tunnel!"

Pear

Strata Poster
The spinner is being built

70da238d467de61f059951270347c96a.jpg

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Wow! How did the theming compare quantity wise? Was it ever more than those couple of rooms?

I can't quite remember. I'd say it was a tad more, but just overall better. I'd say slightly better than Batman at the same park. The main difference was the story/preshows were far superior. There was the same amount of rooms, but you were forced to take them on busy days. There was a part where it got dark and semi animatronic terminators moved towards you, it startled me the first time.

They had the fire effects (which is cool, because you feel the heat) and broken cars around.

And of course, the best part was the onboard sountrack, with (what I'm pretty sure) was Arnold's voice yelling "take the tunnel" before the station fly-through.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Well, you can always find some world record if you are willing to except some level ridiculousness. Taron's most track intersections already paved the way in that direction. (Don't get me wrong, I love Taron, but 'fastest multilaunch' would have been enough).

BTW, the fact that you can literally always find some world record can even be proven by example: "World's most recently opened roller coster" is always true for some point in time (provided it opens at all) ?

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I believe the length record is the oldest standing of the main coaster world records, so theoretically they could be going for that one. However, there is a pretty good reason why nobody has bothered to beat it, as any attempts would involve a certain amount of tedium and quite high costs. I think the airtime record is a safer one to go for, all things considered.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Then again, GCI creations are not airtime-machines. Sure they are kings of quick pops and snappy transitions but sustained airtime?

We are talking big time with that statement. In fact, if we are referring to pure wooden coasters, they are up against The Voyage, and this is no joke at something like 24 seconds of airtime...

Really intrigued by this.