What's new

Real Madrid World | Hala Madrid | GCI Wooden Hybrid Coaster | 2024?

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
I think it’s a good move for Bollywood parks. It was a great park but a bit small. Now there are some new rides coming it will round it off nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
That must have been their thought process, they thought they would diversify the lineup and attract people. A big GCI wooden coaster would do it for me thats for sure! Do wooden coasters work well in such high temperatures out of interest?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
That must have been their thought process, they thought they would diversify the lineup and attract people. A big GCI wooden coaster would do it for me thats for sure! Do wooden coasters work well in such high temperatures out of interest?
As far as I know, nope.

Just have a look at well did Gwazi in humid Florida or how well are doing the Spanish wooden coasters (with extreme heat in summer), Magnus Colossus (SBNO), Coaster Express and Stampida.

IntaminFan20

Roller Poster
Well this is Interesting!!

This is really a more scaled up version of Texas Stingray at Seaworld San Antonio, which is a really, really good ride which maybe a clone should be built at Seaworld Orlando.

Back to the point, this is probably a big development that could signal that the Six Flags Dubai could be built, which is highly unlikely. However this will be a good investment into the Emirates. Lets just hope that the wood dosen't catch on fire!!!!

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
From what I understand these are the rides that were bought for six flags Dubai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
As far as I know, nope.

Just have a look at well did Gwazi in humid Florida or how well are doing the Spanish wooden coasters (with extreme heat in summer), Magnus Colossus (SBNO), Coaster Express and Stampida.

That was my fear, having done Coaster Express in Parque Warner Madrid, which is single most painful experience in my life, I hope GCI's fair better in 40 degree plus environments!

Jared

Hyper Poster
I assume we’ve ruled out the possibility that this may run with GCIs steel track design they showcased at IAAPA last year?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Some nice concept art from an article in Variety showing the S&S Free Spin and the Maurer Spinner for Motiongate
Seemingly named John Wick: Open Contract and Now You See Me: High Roller.

Some decent addtions to the park lineup.

Motiong1.jpgMotiong2.jpg

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh my; the theming looks like it will be incredible for these two rides!

I’m also very intrigued to see the layout of the Maurer spinner. I wonder whether they’ve put any trick tracks on it or anything, or whether it’s a more standard layout?

Jared

Hyper Poster
How do we think the Freespin is going to offer two different experiences. Forwards and backwards facing?

With the Freespin, they can control the level of spinning on each side of the ride vehicle by adding more magnetic fins on one side to induce more spinning.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
With the Freespin, they can control the level of spinning on each side of the ride vehicle by adding more magnetic fins on one side to induce more spinning.
So a choice between Arashi or the feebler ones. My mind is already made up if that's the case.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Would be a huge missed opportunity if they don't with that IP. Already my mind is conjuring up some crazy ideas involving magic and a Maurer.

How do we think the Freespin is going to offer two different experiences. Forwards and backwards facing?

Also <3 Motiongate.
Unfortunatly I suspect it wont have the trick track elements. The reason being this was originally meant for a different park and theme and was due to be in the now defunct Six Flags park project round the corner.

I believe it will be very similar if not identical to this but thats yet to be seen
SpinSF.png

Christian

Hyper Poster
That layout looks really boring. The only interesting parts seem to be the turn after the drop (almost looks like some kind of tiny immelmann from this angle) and the airtime hill at the end. A Winjas clone would have been much better for this park.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The day a Six Flags Park gets a Winjas inspired ride or clone is the day the fourth horseman shows up.
What were you expecting from a ride built for a Six Flags park? ?
I don't know, cloning a ride built 18 years ago seems like it would be up the alley of Six Flags. Slap the name of a DC comics character on it and give it a few decoration pieces made of plywood and paint, and it'd be ready to be rolled out across 17 parks over a period of 2-3 years.