What's new

Real Madrid World | Hala Madrid | GCI Wooden Hybrid Coaster | 2024?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Not exactly sure where to put this.

A friend of mine is currently in Dubai and spotted a seemingly mystery coaster going up. First picture shows (what I assume) is the theater at the Bollywood park at DPR, with the coaster going up somewhere near it. Second shot shows the coaster itself, possibly a steel-structured Gravity Group or GCI by the looks of it. Anyone know more?
IMG_7136.jpgIMG_7137.jpg

Matt N

CF Legend

A friend of mine is currently in Dubai and spotted a seemingly mystery coaster going up. First picture shows (what I assume) is the theater at the Bollywood park at DPR, with the coaster going up somewhere near it. Second shot shows the coaster itself, possibly a steel-structured Gravity Group or GCI by the looks of it. Anyone know more?
View attachment 9177View attachment 9178
Very exciting news; thanks for the report @CoasterMac305, and thanks to your very conveniently placed friend for the update!

As for what kind of coaster it’ll be, I seem to remember reading in the Six Flags Dubai thread that one of the rides originally mooted for the park (therefore, one of the rides that Motiongate and Bollywood are dispersing amongst themselves) was to be a GCI wooden coaster, touted as having “the most airtime moments in the world” or something like that; maybe this mystery coaster is that ride materialising at Bollywood?

Rein

Roller Poster
If I can angle it right, it looks to be on the Motiongate site.
But it appears to have a strange hole in the supports on the right, if it is the same coaster one as on the SF Dubailand concept arts. Unless it is not the lifthill we are seeing. Anyway, I'm really excited to see this developing, as it is difficult to get construction updates from the Dubai parks...
Six-Flags-Dubailand.jpg

Matt N

CF Legend
But it appears to have a strange hole in the supports on the right, if it is the same coaster one as on the SF Dubailand concept arts. Unless it is not the lifthill we are seeing. Anyway, I'm really excited to see this developing, as it is difficult to get construction updates from the Dubai parks...
View attachment 9188
That concept art is actually from a different proposal, proposed in the late 2000s to early 2010s when Dubailand was still going strong. The updated Six Flags Dubai proposal unveiled later in the 2010s had a GCI wooden coaster of some form on it, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it had some kind of element that goes underneath that section of the lift hill, hence the large gap. GCIs tend to be very twisty by nature, so this wouldn’t be an unusual thing to see from them.

Peet

Giga Poster
View attachment 9188
The wooden coaster shown here is clearly El Toro! I'd guess it's an early concept using some existing SF rides.

Anyway, this is exciting that UAE is getting its first woodie, even if we lost the Six Flags.

Pear

Strata Poster

View attachment 9177View attachment 9178
@roomraider you have any information on this?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Indeed it's the GCI woodie planned for Six Flags Dubai that had now been shifted to Bollywood (maybe Motiongate) its a big ride too. They are aiming for the most air time record I believe.

I'll see if I can dig up the plans.
Any chance it could be larger than Python in Bamboo Forest? I mean that thing is huge and full of airtime moments.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I doubt it will be taller but you never know. They only announced it will have the Airtime record.

I can't find the good version of the layout plan I had but the rides identical to the ones planned for China and Saudi so here's the layout diagram from the Saudi Park plan.

Screenshot_20200805_220056.jpg
I'll keep looking for the proper one. Its around somewhere.

cookie

Giga Poster
Isn’t Motiongate and Bollywood getting the S&S Freespin and Mack PowerSplash from the Six Flags project respectively as well? (Apparently SFOT’s Aquaman isn’t from Dubai)

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Isn’t Motiongate and Bollywood getting the S&S Freespin and Mack PowerSplash from the Six Flags project respectively as well? (Apparently SFOT’s Aquaman isn’t from Dubai)
Yes the power splash is already built at Bollywood. The Freespin is due up soon if its not up already.

There's a number of other coasters on site including a Mack mega, Maurer spinner and an Intamin of some kind. But not sure if those are going up yet. DPR did say they were holding back some rides for future expansion.

God knows where the SFOT rumour came from. Someone clearly just made it up and ran with it. Was never even remotely true.

cookie

Giga Poster
God knows where the SFOT rumour came from. Someone clearly just made it up and ran with it. Was never even remotely true.
I think people just assumed it based on the improbable coincidence of a Mack PowerSplash showing up at SFOT not long after the Dubai project was officially declared dead. But they are separate coasters.

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve got to admit, it looks as though it will be pretty big! @roomraider has seemed to suggest that it will be some kind of GCI, which would be a great fit, in my opinion, but even if it isn’t a GCI, any form of wooden coaster can only be good for the UAE, as it currently has no wood!

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
Needless to say. I’m rather excited about this project

From the photos I think this is the location.

It looks to be part of Bollywood parks.

e3f144c9dabbdce2a1bd0ed103b0bd72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christian

Hyper Poster
I dont really understand how two parks so focussed on theming will be massively taking on coasters. But my enthusiast side loves it. Screw Ohio and Southern Poland. The UAE is the new coaster capital of the world! Cant wait to be back...

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
Personally, it seems a bit of a strange fit for the Bollywood park as they have very little in terms of rides. I thought it was more of a show and experience park rather than actual rides.