What's new

Real Madrid World | Hala Madrid | GCI Wooden Hybrid Coaster | 2024?

richardcrete

Mega Poster
Bollywood Parks' GCI Hybrid Coaster :

dubai-parks-and-resorts-expansion-11007600.jpg

dubai-parks-and-resorts-expansion-32662000.jpg

dubai-parks-and-resorts-expansion-69309700.jpg

dubai-parks-and-resorts-expansion-04666700.jpg

Motiongate's S&S Free Spin is complete :

dubai-parks-and-resorts-expansion-12584200.jpg

dubai-parks-and-resorts-expansion-43734300.jpg
dubai-parks-and-resorts-expansion-20977600.jpg
dubai-parks-and-resorts-expansion-68830600.jpg
dubai-parks-and-resorts-expansion-24442900.jpg
dubai-parks-and-resorts-expansion-76477400.jpg

Motiongate's Spinning Maurer looks complete too :

dubai-parks-and-resorts-expansion-65021800.jpg

Source :

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That's never seen the tallest woodie in the world... It does look tall for a GCI, but I think even Wodan looks taller.

I had a look at the new GCI woodie design from IAAPA with the inversions and Infinity flyers, and I couldn't help but notice that also has a steeper lift hill, around the 45° mark. Perhaps this could be the first GCI to use Infinity flyers?

In fact now I think about it, how do we know this will be a GCI and not a GG?

Cascade

Roller Poster
I'm wondering how this woody can beat the current world record...It doesn't look that tall or fast, at least for me.

Pear

Strata Poster
Apparently this starflyer is around 143m tall which would make it the 2nd tallest behind Skyline park's newly opened 150m tall starflyer.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I'm wondering how this woody can beat the current world record...It doesn't look that tall or fast, at least for me.
It isn't getting the height record. They were talking about the starflyer. The woodies record is apparently the most Airtime on a wooden coaster.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It isn't getting the height record. They were talking about the starflyer. The woodies record is apparently the most Airtime on a wooden coaster.
Could the record be "most airtime moments on a wooden coaster" rather than the actual number of seconds of sustained airtime? I mean it looks to be filled with lots of small bunny hills. I'm pretty sure Intamin confirmed Kondaa takes the steel coaster record in this regard.

IntaminFan20

Roller Poster
That's never seen the tallest woodie in the world... It does look tall for a GCI, but I think even Wodan looks taller.

I had a look at the new GCI woodie design from IAAPA with the inversions and Infinity flyers, and I couldn't help but notice that also has a steeper lift hill, around the 45° mark. Perhaps this could be the first GCI to use Infinity flyers?

In fact now I think about it, how do we know this will be a GCI and not a GG?

The way you can tell is by the catwalks and the railings, on GCI they are around a 1 metre mark whereas on a GG it is a little bit shorter. And yes I heard a rumour that it is an Infinity Flyer coaster called Bombay Express.