What's new

Real Madrid World | Hala Madrid | GCI Wooden Hybrid Coaster | 2024?

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I’ve not heard anything. Would be surprised if it opens before the end of Ramadan but who know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good point. Do they ever have soft openings in this neck of the woods???

(It was exciting but agonizing seeing it testing over and over.)

Tulum

Mega Poster
Hello everybody.

I am told that John Wick has been closed for quite a few month now? Does anybody know what is going on?

Indy

Hyper Poster
It went down for annual maintenance in mid-September and was supposed to reopen on October 1st but didn't. To my knowledge, it never reopened. I saw it testing during the maintenance period during one of my visits in late September. I have no idea what could be going on to keep it down for so long.

Also, with Mission Ferrari opening, Bombay Express is now on the clock.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It went down for annual maintenance in mid-September and was supposed to reopen on October 1st but didn't. To my knowledge, it never reopened. I saw it testing during the maintenance period during one of my visits in late September. I have no idea what could be going on to keep it down for so long.
Are you sure it has ever actually operated publicly? It wasn't open when I visited in March 2022, and Coaster-Count doesn't have a single person logging it (which yes, is not proof, but it'd surprise me no-one would have it).

Indy

Hyper Poster
Are you sure it has ever actually operated publicly? It wasn't open when I visited in March 2022, and Coaster-Count doesn't have a single person logging it (which yes, is not proof, but it'd surprise me no-one would have it).
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The first part about "it" being down for maintenance was in reference to the question a few posts earlier regarding John Wick, which has indeed opened to the public. Obviously, it doesn't entirely make sense to be talking about it in this particular thread though.

Bombay Express definitely has not opened to the public yet.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The first part about "it" being down for maintenance was in reference to the question a few posts earlier regarding John Wick, which has indeed opened to the public. Obviously, it doesn't entirely make sense to be talking about it in this particular thread though.

Bombay Express definitely has not opened to the public yet.
Ah! Gotcha. Yes, John Wick has definitely operated - I've got the cred. :p

Yes, Bombay Express in this thread though. :)

Tulum

Mega Poster
Have there been any other issues with the other Freiseins or is this rather a calculated move not to open John Wick to lower the operating costs of the park?

Tulum

Mega Poster
I was at the park yesterday. According to rcdb and the park the coaster has been open since January. It was closed though yesterday. No explanation given, the homepage said maintenance for the ride was scheduled for May. Perhaps they only open it on weekends. Some people were pretty disappointed. I wonder weather the ride can handle the climate here, all coasters (IMG, Legoland and MOTIONGATE) have a weird rattle. But I don’t know enough about this, so I can only guess. Some teens were pretty disappointed as it is the most exciting looking ride at the park.

John Wick - Closed Contract 😅

Bollywood Park remains closed during Ramadan by the way.
E45238C6-7DCD-4BC4-8592-E0C0EFFBCFE1.jpeg

Attachments

• 862F11CE-516D-4559-9DBA-4BDBB92E8E6A.jpeg
    862F11CE-516D-4559-9DBA-4BDBB92E8E6A.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 1CFE2E8D-9153-49CE-8CB9-AAB13AAB9EEC.jpeg
    1CFE2E8D-9153-49CE-8CB9-AAB13AAB9EEC.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 43

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
I was at the park yesterday. According to rcdb and the park the coaster has been open since January. It was closed though yesterday. No explanation given, the homepage said maintenance for the ride was scheduled for May. Perhaps they only open it on weekends. Some people were pretty disappointed. I wonder weather the ride can handle the climate here, all coasters (IMG, Legoland and MOTIONGATE) have a weird rattle. But I don’t know enough about this, so I can only guess. Some teens were pretty disappointed as it is the most exciting looking ride at the park.

John Wick - Closed Contract

Bollywood Park remains closed during Ramadan by the way.
View attachment 24061

It’s been closed since I last went. Prob six months ago.

Tulum

Mega Poster
It’s been closed since I last went. Prob six months ago.

I can imagine. But strangely the entry on the park’s homepage has changed from saying it is closed to saying it is open and the employees said it was only closed “today”. Everything’s a bit weird.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Bollywood looked closed and deserted a few days before Ramadan too.

At the time, according to the website Taxi No. 1 was closed for the day so that was likely the reason why.

The light package a night on the star flyer from the highway had more of a wow factor than Bombay Express from the car park during the day, looks fun though.

PXL_20230320_123644245[1482].jpg

John Wick was also closed this day (20 Mar 23).

Niles

Giga Poster
Dam that is interesting, I wonder if the coasters will be sold off or if Parques Reunidos will spread the coasters round their parks 😅. Hope Bombay express gets to move it never got to open but will be a lot of work to move. However the Mack hyper and Powersplash in storage are what I'm interested in, great additions to any park.

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Blimey, that is surprising.

Mind - the place always seemed to be absolutely deserted (much more so than other UAE parks, which are rarely bustling at the best of times).

Shame. The woodie looked fantastic.

emoo

Hyper Poster
That's a bit sudden isn't it? Parks & resorts websites already removed the references to the now infamous park.

Perhaps Motiongate could set up a temporary shuttle to the Woodie. Just whack some VR goggles on people riding a trolley bus.

The Bollywood website currently only has a statement about the closure and they will be announcing exciting details. No timeline but trying something new perhaps.

Attachments

• bollywood statement.jpg
    bollywood statement.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited: