What's new

Real Madrid World | Hala Madrid | GCI Wooden Hybrid Coaster | 2024?

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
Thanks for the pics @Niles!

By the looks of it in first couple of pictures, the park has plenty of space to expand, so hopefully these rides are a big hit.

richardcrete

Mega Poster
Aerial view of Now You See Me: High Roller (Maurer Spinning Coaser) & John Wick: Open Contract (S&S 4D Free Spin) at Motiongate :

dubai-parks-and-resorts-expansion-518.jpg

Maurer Spinning Coaster's assembly is realised by Swiss Rides :

dubai-parks-and-resorts-expansion-43067600.jpg

Source :

I think that the layout has not been posted so here it is :

layout.png

Source :

nadroJ

CF Legend
This YouTuber went to the park, sadly he only got on a few things but here are some screenshots of the park, he got a nice high view of the woodie and I think the park looks quite nice.
View attachment 11372

Hmm Ok so when this was announced my initial fear was oh, hope they don't ruin the stunning aesthetics of the park by just plonking the rides down. Obviously this is an aerial shot whilst still in construction phase so I'm bearing that in mind, but I am worried. The park is sooo gorgeous, namely because all of the attractions were indoor things so none of the visuals were ruined by ugly hardware and I worry these new rides ruin that a little. But like I say, I'll reserve my final judgement until it's all finished.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I just needed it. Thanks for sharing.
New member, generic post not particularly related to the topic (and not particularly coherent either), responded "non" to the sign-up questions ...

Let's just say that the warning lights are flashing, but not quite as brightly as is usually the case with spam accounts. I'm waiting to see if you show more signs of being a genuine user, but if not, you have an appointment with the banhammer tomorrow.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
New member, generic post not particularly related to the topic (and not particularly coherent either), responded "non" to the sign-up questions ...

Let's just say that the warning lights are flashing, but not quite as brightly as is usually the case with spam accounts. I'm waiting to see if you show more signs of being a genuine user, but if not, you have an appointment with the banhammer tomorrow.
The "rarely used" banhammer seems to have had Robb Alvey-level usage over the past few weeks.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The "rarely used" banhammer seems to have had Robb Alvey-level usage over the past few weeks.
He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

To be fair, I don't think I've banned a non-spam account since ... uhh, MemeWorldsOfficials a few weeks ago. And KIFan before that. And ... oh lord.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Could this be GCI's steepest or most unGCI-like drop?

Looks really compact Kind of like GCI's Balder or as if they wanted to emulate the Cyclone layout. Really intrigued by this project...
Yeah definitely getting a Balder vibe from the layout, although I think Balder is actually more compact than this one tbh.

Matt N

CF Legend
This is an interesting-looking coaster, and it seems to be getting more interesting the more of it I see! To me, it looks almost more akin to one of the GG/M&V wooden coasters frequently being built in China than a GCI, and the layout looks very interesting in how it seems to shadow itself in numerous places!

It also looks to have a lot of potential airtime moments, which is great to see; I can definitely see where they’re supposedly getting the record for most airtime moments on a wooden coaster from!