• Walibi Belgium

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Bobbejaanland

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
This could have gone in questions, but I'm more interested in people's actual opinions of both places, rather than any sort of travel advice.

I'm trying to decide which of these two parks to go to. The original plan was both, but I've been trying to sort it out and it seems that there must be some sort of holiday in Belgium, and parks are closed for a few days in April, which **** s up my plans.

The original plan was for me to end up in Brussels, with a day at Walibi, before meeting people for the Holland Live. I'm likely to still do this, but spend the extra day in Brussels and forget about the park.

My other option is to go to Brussels earlier, when Walibi is open, and travel to meet the group from Antwerp, where I would have gone to Bobbejobbie Land, but it will be closed then, too.

It sounds complicated, but basically my options are:

Antwerp with Bobbiejobbie - Brussels with no park

Brussels with Walibi - Antwerp with no park

Ok, so down to the basic "opinion" then. For anyone who's been to both parks, bearing in mind that I'm more of a "park whore" than a "cred whore", which park do you think is better?

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Bobbejaanland!!

It's way more quirky and fun than Walibi Belgium is, there's more to do, it's better value for money, it's just better full stop.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'd say that it's fair to compare both parks to UK "equivalents" Thorpe (Walibi) and Chessington (Boblejobilyland).

You'll get higher octane thrills at Walibi and the park does have a Thorpe Park feel to it. On the other hand, BobbieJohnbobbittland is full of lower end thrill rides but has a good, cheesy atmosphere.

Both parks have quite a ranging ride selection but if the choice was mine, I'd plump for BobbieJonBenétland for a more pleasant,relaxing experience.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The thing is, for 30-odd year old bloke on his own in a park... A kid centric one doesn't sound like the best fun...

Nic

Strata Poster
I've not been to Walibi Belgium, but from what I hear, it's a bit grotty. I have been to BobbieJobbie (PMSL @ Ian's BobbieJonBenetLand comment!) and its lovely. Really kind of leafy and a nice atmosphere. I think the plan is that us in the car of Rah are going there the day after the Live, if that makes you want to avoid it on that day...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Yeah, that day's not an option. Our car's going to Walibi Holland that day, plus I have flights out of Amsterdam, and I'd never make it back from there in time.

josiejolie

Roller Poster
Both are good fun, Bobbejaanland gives better value. But Bobbejaanland only has unique coasters,
whereas Walibi Only has Loup Garou (Werewolf) as a unique coaster.

On the other hand you also can go for a dip in Aqualibi. Which is nice after walking around the park.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Omg bump much? This confused me sooooo much! I was like what Live? When? Where? Then looked at the date <//3