Votes: 10 40.0%
  • I'll play them occasionally

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Not really my thing

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

madhjsp

Giga Poster
How many board game fans have we got here?

I actually really enjoy most board games. I'd rather play a board game with a group of friends than most video games, with a handful of exceptions. I'll play pretty much anything, but my favorites are Scrabble, The Settlers of Catan, Stratego, Clue, Mag Blast, and Monopoly.

What are some of your favorites?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yep! Love Cludeo (Clue in USA), Pictionary and Trivial Pursuit. I don't like DVD based board games though, like AtomosFear for example.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Always been a big fan. From Pacman and Donkey Kong to Monopoly and Triv.

I got a board game for my birthday "Caption It". It's essentially a board game version of "Wat Ya Finkin'?" You get a huge mass of photos and pick seven random caption cards - then you pick the best caption card that fits the current picture.

It's actually dreadful, the captions are properly "You've been framed" hilarious and it's so dreadful American humour it's fab :)

It needs some tweaking with additional rules to stop people from winning by just putting in random stuff - they have to be as obvious and dreadful as possible.

Other than that, I think favourite board games are Monopoly (I suck), Scrabble (I suck), Game of Life (it's random), Risk (I love Risk, but don't keep a notebook about my games) and Hero Quest. We've got loads though that the kids have picked up over the years. Pirates of the Caribbean, Nightmare before Christmas and Lord of the Rings movie based games which are okay actually (but a little overly complex).

I also enjoy table top games like Mechwarrior and Star Fleet Battles, or Battle Cars (Steve Jackson FTW).

I'm sure people will mention a load of games here I've played and loved. Cluedo is the one game I never really got on with. I did try, but I just find it a bit meh (sorry Ian).

pinklottie91

Roller Poster
I play board games occasionally. Mouse Trap is my all time favourite board game - used to be something I would play all the time when I was younger. I also enjoy Cluedo, Scrabble, Monopoly and Chess.

bmac

Giga Poster
Mouse. Trap. Was such a neat game that it kind of sucks I grew out of it. Other games I used to play were Monopoly (was decent), Risk (sucked something bad), Scrabble (decent), Chess (lol), checkers (decent), backgammon (sucked something fierce) and my personal all time favorite... Chinese Checkers (was apparently good at it in school).

edit: forgot game of life. Furie's right, it is totally random even in the video game versions.

OMG I love board games. I literally forced both my ex boyfriends to play Monopoly like, everyday. Probably why I'm no longer with them :p . I'm a very big poor sport, but I could play board games all day long. My favourites include:

- Monopoly
- Payday
- Scrabble
- Life
- Stratego

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I love board games. I use to play all the time with my mom when I was little. We use to play Life, Monopoly, Scrabble, Parcheesi, and Clue. Now we usually just play a card game like UNO.

kimahri

CF Legend
Not very interested in them. Don't really have the drive to play them other than to keep the kids entertained.

I would like to try something like D&D for some bizarre reason. My comic book store sells a lot of pen and paper rpgs and strategy board games and stuff. Warhammer looks cool as well I guess.

But on a whole nope. I think the last time I played monopoly we all ended up in prison or something then loads of angry tempers.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I love playing Words with Friends and Draw Something, err Scrabble and Pictionary. Also Monopoly, especially the 8 hour marathon games.

Not really a board game, but Apples to Apples is the absolute ****.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Add in shots to those who didnt get the green card and the game becomes way more fun than it should be.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Board games are great id you have the time and people willing to play.

Some of my favorites are monopoly, Othello, stratego, Tsuro and trivial pursuit

Not really board games but card games like munckin and flux sere always fun with my favorite card game being "We Didn't Playtest This at All"

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've deleted all the spam from this thread. Let's not derail it again please. If you're bothered, PM me - Hixee

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
You're on...

Bus boss or Balloon Race?
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3033/bus-boss
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/449/ ... lloon-race

Oh, and this really was the best game ever...
pic734886_md.jpg