What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Potential New Attraction on Trauma Towers Spot

Coaster

Mega Poster
In fairness, none of Icon's branding really reflects PB's brand - though that doesn't give any more credibility to this (obviously fake) image.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I've never known a park to have such control over enthusiasts' bowel movements. They can tweet literally anything and BOOM all the ATIs of the world collectively :emoji_poop: their pants.

If we had another ATI I think I'd cry. Literally they is trying to get everyone excited it's great they can do it but nothing will be happening at the Pleasure Beach for a fair while.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ethan said:
Anybody know when the TEA Attendance Reports come out each year, is it about May time? Interested to see exactly if Icon has affected their figures.

Blackpool never release their figures, so are never included in the report.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Blackpool never release their figures, so are never included in the report.
Most parks on the report don't release their figures. The report is educated guesswork, that's why it should always be taken with a pinch of salt.

They messed up their figures with the SeaWorld parks in Florida last year for example.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Attendance feels to to fairly high this year which is a good sign- so maybe, if all goes to plan, and the rumours that the park signed a 2 coaster deal with Mack are true, we could be seeing something in 2021?

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Attendance feels to to fairly high this year which is a good sign- so maybe, if all goes to plan, and the rumours that the park signed a 2 coaster deal with Mack are true, we vouco be seeing something in 2021?
You can't really just go off the half price weekends though, can you?

Lofty

CF Legend
It seems February half-term was brilliant industry-wide in the tourism sector and nobody can really put their finger on why. I'm excited to see the reports from industry-wide reporters.

Lofty

CF Legend
That's not specifically true, though. We've had May holidays that have had nice weather and haven't performed as well.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
One last huzzah with the kids off school before Brexit renders our economy useless and we can only afford ball-in-a-cup for entertainment.
Actually I feel like Brexit is helping the UK theme park/tourist industry as people are not going abroad and instead are going on holidays in England

Ethan

Strata Poster
Actually I feel like Brexit is helping the UK theme park/tourist industry as people are not going abroad and instead are going on holidays in England
I think most people in the UK who want to go to a theme park were just going to UK parks anyway. It's close and easier. People will continue to do that after Brexit and I don't think those of us who go abroad to parks in Europe/America etc. will just stop doing that and settle for Thorpe Park.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
I think most people in the UK who want to go to a theme park were just going to UK parks anyway. It's close and easier. People will continue to do that after Brexit and I don't think those of us who go abroad to parks in Europe/America etc. will just stop doing that and settle for Thorpe Park.
But places like Blackpool Pleasure Beach may see and increase in visitors if more people go on holiday to Blackpool than say, Spain

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
But places like lackpool Pleasure Beach may see and increase in visitors if more people go on holiday to Blackpool than say, Spain
"Lackpool", it's the perfect name because the place lacks anything of interest. I love it <3
I imagine more people will holiday within the UK now as a result of Brexit but I don't think it will have a dramatic impact on UK theme parks just yet. Plus if I were willing to spend the money on a holiday to Spain, I would not be spending that money on a trip to Lackpool. I actually think I'd rather stay at home.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
"Lackpool", it's the perfect name because the place lacks anything of interest. I love it <3
I imagine more people will holiday within the UK now as a result of Brexit but I don't think it will have a dramatic impact on UK theme parks just yet. Plus if I were willing to spend the money on a holiday to Spain, I would not be spending that money on a trip to Lackpool. I actually think I'd rather stay at home.
Rather unfortunate typo on my behalf, whoopzies;)

Lofty

CF Legend
But you are a singularity in that respect, Ethan ;)

The fact of the matter is that domestic tourism is on an increase, whether or not that is down to Brexit (I doubt it seen as no sanctions or hard border checks are in place for EU countries) is another question. According to Visit Britain, domestic tourism is increasing by over 4% year on year from 2012 to now - interestingly enough, whilst there's an increase in domestic tourism, there's a decrease on the length of stay during said holidays and it's said that singular day and weekend stays are increasing in popularity - hence why companies such as Merlin and other operators in the UK have been tapping into the hospitality and hotel/resort business strategies. Lancashire itself has seen a relatively steady increase in visitor numbers during this time, a 35% increase in the space of 6 years - that's not bad in my eyes.