What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach Need To Think.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
I visited BPB yesterday, I haven't been for about a year and we all had a really great time, just like we always do.

However, I know that we all say the huge amount of fountains is silly just because it is a huge amount of fountains but after my visit yesterday I feel that it is something much more important than that. For the first time ever the par didn't feel traditional and cosy like it usually does. The park is filled with over 100 years of heritage and I am realizing now that management really don't understand that. They are trying to make the park look modern and artistic when really they're just demolishing the traditional feel of the park and replacing it with nothingness. They seem to have a lot of energy and enthusiasm but are aiming it in the completely wrong direction. It is one of the oldest parks in the country and that's their major selling point, nobody goes to the pleasure beach because it's classy and looks curvy and interesting, people go because it has a massive library of classic woodies, dark rides and flat rides which peoples grandparents can remember going on when they were little and this is being taken away from the park in an effort to turn it into a modern art exhibit, and I hate it.

Of course this is all my opinion, and maybe some of you feel that this didn't need to be a topic, but I know for a fact that important people in the theme park world look at forums, like this one, for an unbiased opinion on the theme parks we visit all of the time. I know the fountain issue has been mentioned a lot before but I think this is an important point which should be taken seriously.

Thank You.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
No. You're right.

Blackpool as a whole needs to update itself, but they are updating the wrong things and leaving the ****e, tacky, cheese there OR even adding to it, seemingly without realising!

I think the mentality of those who live and work in Blackpool is all wrong. The people who run B&Bs, the people who run shops and stalls, the people who run the amusement park, the people who do run the shows, the people who own clubs and bars, and even the council. It's like they think on another wavelength to the rest of the country and can't quite grasp why no one travels accross the country to visit anymore.

It's a real shame because the area has qualities that many down my way will never experiance.

Blackpool's big fountain area thing seems enjoyed by a lot of people and I do not have any particular quabble with it especially. It's more that this was added INSTEAD of something that would attract more people. Fountains may entertain guests whilst in the park, potentially elongating their stay and making them spend more money, but they ain't going to attract them in the first place.

So I do not have an issue with Blackpool updating itself, however unsucessfully, as such. I just think they need to get their act together and protect their heritidge rides and make a point of using them as a selling point. But along with this they just need to GET NEW ATTRACTIONS IN THE FIRST PLACE, AT LEAST EVERY FEW YEARS.