What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2018

Temleh said:
There's not going to be fountains over the launches. Also, green and orange is not necessarily the colour scheme of the ride. Those colours were chosen by Mack to make the coaster stand out on promotional videos.

Ha so I am assuming you've seen what I have seen then. Yeah not too fond of the green and orange colour scheme.

Also ATI it's the leaked stuff a couple of us CF'ers have seen. I didn't see a video as such, just images.

Lofty

CF Legend

ATI said:
Lofty said:
Lol, I don't doubt that ;)

It's a launch coaster, something more futuristic, punchier, modern and 'in' would work. This won't be 'themed' to be fair, it'll have a mild sense of narrative, just like the rest of the **** at PBB minus the dark rides, but it won't be a 'themed attraction'.
Well... we'll have to see...
Nope, we won't - it will be exactly as I've said :lol:

Even Helix isn't 'themed'. I think people throw the word 'theming' out way too often. Theming is a visual conveyance of a specific narrative of a ride - Helix's therefore can be arguable as 'theming', but look at it carefully and it's not, it's landscaping (apart from the station and queue line).

Compare say Helix to Taron. Both launch coasters, yet Taron has actual 'theming' - strong visuals of rock work, interaction with supports and structures that are stylised to fit the era and look of the ride, making it have a narrative. Helix is a great coaster, there's no denying it, but it does not have a 'story' to it. Yes, I know some of you are going to argue this and bring to my attention that Helix has a narrative that nature and technology are at a battle etc. etc. etc., but my point stands that there is no story to it and it stands as a singularity without a meaning, whereas Taron has a definitive place and theme.

None of the rides at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, as I said, apart from their dark rides actually has a narrative - even Skyforce doesn't have a 'story', it is just a visual layover and sponsorship of the Red Arrows. Based off of the park's latest additions, including the likes of Infusion etc., there has not been any that are based on a themed story - it's just not what the park does, compared to the likes of the Merlin parks that rely heavily on the rides having their own self-contained narratives.

So, by order of elimination and looking at how the park has developed it's new additions in the past, we can safely say that this new amazing addition will not be 'themed' to anything, yet will just be a really well branded ride (which is all it needs to be as the hardware does the rest).

Coaster

Mega Poster

In my opinion, something similar to the style of Helix would be perfect for this new coaster. Given the interaction with other areas of the park, a heavy theme wouldn't really fit in - if it's presented well, with a modern style and a decent soundtrack, it will fit BPB really well IMO.

Regarding the colour scheme, I really hope it isn't green and orange.

Dave

CF Legend

If anything all BPB need to do is make it look fabulous by illuminating it for night time rides, think how impressive the The Big One looks from a distance at night. Just needs to follow the 'traditional' illuminations Blackpool famous for! Maybe be like The Monster where it lights up as the ride follows it, that be ace.

rob666

Hyper Poster

Would be nice if they opened for more than half a dozen nights in the year for night riding.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

I'm guessing lots of construction work will occur in the off season, and lots of teasing posters will be put up around the area, or at least I think and hope so...

Lofty

CF Legend

You're looking at most of the work taking place throughout next year and my guess is most of the work in the 'public' areas (the areas of the park that would be open when the park is, not the 'basin' areas) will take place when the park is closed.

RyanB19

Roller Poster

Summer Holidays are over, the park will be quieter for these next few weeks until Vampire beach and I am guessing groundwork can move on quicker, should start getting interesting with the midweek closures.. As Temleh mentioned, Steeplechase, Dipper and PB Express. would be quite big but could there be midweek closures of The Big One before the season is out. It's going to have to close at some point for construction whether it be this year or next, but it would be nice to know when. Go Karts have a few months left max by the sound of things.

I think with the midweek closures soon, BPB should publicly announce it as not everyone will know why they will be closed. A little bar on the website would be alright, with text going across along the lines of ' Steeplechase, Pleasure Beach Express and Big Dipper will be closed 26-30 September to allow construction of project 2018'. Would help stop a few turning up and complaining about it, while building hype.

At risk of sounding stupid here, could we even be possibly seeing footers by November? (End of season).

Lofty

CF Legend

I think that the first proper promotion we're going to see is some form of video being released on the big screens outside the park, as well as being released online.

djreplay26

Roller Poster

I don't think we will see footers till next year, seems a bit early but I could be wrong.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

ATI said:
Has everyone died on this site or what? Am I the only one alive? Holy ****!
No, it's just that that video has literally nothing to comment on, it's garbage we've known for ages and rumours about the train.
I'm sure this will become busy when actual stuff happens, no need to keep bumping it unless there's actually something to discuss.

Dave

CF Legend

ATI said:

I can't get excited about a skip and spray paint markings.

The ride won't be advertised/built until next year as otherwise no one will visit BPB next year and take a hit on the gates. Need to time it right against Alton Towers so when they show their family wooden roller coaster Blackpool will just go "Oh yeah? What about THIS" and everyone loses their minds.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Dave said:
ATI said:

I can't get excited about a skip and spray paint markings.
Or as they call it in Blackpool: "The Cultural Quarter" ;)

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster

New poster here, I have strategically stayed away from the pleasure beach this year as next year I'll have a season pass and be there almost weekly in order to follow construction. This is gonna be sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott88

Hyper Poster

DelPiero said:
ATI said:
No, it's just that that video has literally nothing to comment on, it's garbage we've known for ages and rumours about the train.
I'm sure this will become busy when actual stuff happens, no need to keep bumping it unless there's actually something to discuss.

It's hardly garbage you've known for months, the removal of theming if you can call it that which has stood for a lot of years is fairly significant for some more groundwork taking place which will link with the new ride and only started getting removed last week.

The remainder of it has been taken down today, I'm sure temleh will share his photos at some point to show the on-going work.

Us BPB fans get a bit excitable when the construction of a new ride is likely for our favourite park, it's a rarity we get to see ride construction at BPB you know! :lol:

Smithy

Strata Poster

Yeah garbage was a bit harsh but I think that was more aimed at ATI for expecting 100 pages of discussion for what was a basic update video.