What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2018

ATI said:
I've gone off it, after it was making some weird noises on the lift hill, I seriously do not think it is safe to operate, especially the wild mouse. by the way, I only live an hour away, it is my home park, so yes, we are talking about the same big dipper.

Why would the Big Dipper be unsafe? It's perfectly fine. As is the Wild Mouse. Both are perfectly safe, and the Wild Mouse is the best Wild Mouse in the world. You are the one who clearly doesn't have taste if you think the Wild Mouse is unsafe and should be removed. Also the same person who, when hearing Olympia Looping would be coming to the UK, said "You know that this is a Schwarzkopf right? It's no B&M...".

Temleh

Mega Poster

silenthillXD said:
Temleh said:
To end this right here, right now:

Project 2018 has a hardware budget of £15Million.
The only other thing on the drawing board is a thrill-flat ride manufactured by Zamperla.

Oh my god, Pleasure Beach have are considering installing an Air Race?! Nice! That would be a really good fit. Can't think where they'd fit it in, but yeah that'd be nice.

Not an Air Race but as with all plans on a drawing board, it's very far from any kind of confirmation. It probably won't come to fruition but if Project 2018 is successful it will be a logical follow up attraction.

This month promises to be exciting.. Expect midweek closures of Steeplechase, Big Dipper and Pleasure Beach Express. As for Go-Karts...

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Lofty said:
Ok. ATI is definitely some form of satirical character, or someone dropped on their head as a child.
WelcomeToOblivion said:
Where did you learn about rollercoaster safety? The Vicky Balch school for rollercoaster safety experts?

Can you please stop commenting unless you've used at least one brain cell to create a response?

As to the pair of you, I just do not trust old rickety wooden coasters which give you bruises every time I ride. Is that a perfectly good response? Did I use a brain cell to answer that question? You bunch of twats. Jeez, if there was an option to report other coasterfers for bullying and harassment, I would definitely report you two, as well as mouse, smithy, and all the others for hating for some apparent reason that I can not understand.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

ATI said:
Lofty said:
Ok. ATI is definitely some form of satirical character, or someone dropped on their head as a child.
WelcomeToOblivion said:
Where did you learn about rollercoaster safety? The Vicky Balch school for rollercoaster safety experts?

Can you please stop commenting unless you've used at least one brain cell to create a response?

As to the pair of you, I just do not trust old rickety wooden coasters which give you bruises every time I ride. Is that a perfectly good response? Did I use a brain cell to answer that question? You bunch of twats. Jeez, if there was an option to report other coasterfers for bullying and harassment, I would definitely report you two, as well as mouse, smithy, and all the others for hating for some apparent reason that I can not understand.

If you can't understand why people are hating on you then I guess you didn't use a brain cell for that post either!
We aren't bullies, far from it, we are people who don't listen to bull! And then because we don't agree with you, you throw a massive hissy fit. It's embarrassing.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

ATI said:
I've gone off it, after it was making some weird noises on the lift hill, I seriously do not think it is safe to operate, especially the wild mouse. by the way, I only live an hour away, it is my home park, so yes, we are talking about the same big dipper.
I think these rides are fine and I only live 45 minutes away (in fact, I can see The Big One from my house right now) - as if that makes any difference.

But why would BPB remove the Dipper, Infusion, Wild Mouse (all popular rides) to replace with one ride when they can install something new alongside? Why do you want your home park to have fewer rides?

WelcomeToOblivion

Giga Poster

ATI said:
Lofty said:
WelcomeToOblivion said:

Report me all you want babes ;)

either way just because YOU PERSONALLY think something is unsafe or unpopular doesn't mean you are right. Jesus. Just because you've gone off it doesn't mean it is not safe to operate and will be closed down for some B&M invert just because you'd like that to happen.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Robbie said:
ATI said:
I think these rides are fine and I only live 45 minutes away (in fact, I can see The Big One from my house right now) - as if that makes any difference.

But why would BPB remove the Dipper, Infusion, Wild Mouse (all popular rides) to replace with one ride when they can install something new alongside? Why do you want your home park to have fewer rides?
For me, quality over quantity. I would rather have fewer, breath-taking rides, as a pose to more not-so-good rides. However there is nothing wrong with a mix of both.

Temleh

Mega Poster

Wild Mouse is going nowhere, I am happy to confirm.

It's recieving new magnetic brakes this off season. This is a precaution in case a brakes operator has a heart attack or other similar incident that hinders their ability to safely stop a car.

As for the rest of the wooden rollercoasters, they are completely safe and exceed standards set at every inspection whether that be a daily internal or an annual ADIPS.

There's nothing wrong with having an opinion on a rollercoaster's experience but it is wrong to question its safety just because you didn't like it.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

They also need to give Big Dipper, Nickelodeon Streak and Blue Fire magnetic brakes, cause doesn't the same thing apply for all of them?

Temleh

Mega Poster

ATI said:
They also need to give Big Dipper, Nickelodeon Streak and Blue Fire magnetic brakes, cause doesn't the same thing apply for all of them?

Big Dipper has a sufficient automatic blocking system, this was installed a few years ago. Nickelodeon Streak and Blue Flyer only run a one train service making them perfectly safe even if there's a problem regarding braking. The park have looked in to upgrading the blocking system on Nickelodeon Streak so it can run two trains but for reasons I can't discuss it isn't currently possible.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Temleh said:
ATI said:
The park have looked in to upgrading the blocking system on Nickelodeon Streak so it can run two trains but for reasons I can't discuss it isn't currently possible.
Which is a shame because the queue is horrendous once the park even just gets moderately busy.

mouse

Giga Poster

ATI said:
I would definitely report you two, as well as mouse, smithy, and all the others for hating for some apparent reason that I can not understand.
There's a report button on the top left corner of each post :).

No one is 'hating', they are simply challenging what you say. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion, but it is the way you present it that causes a strong backlash. For example, if you think Infusion should be scrapped for a B&M you can say that without claiming that it is 'highly likely' to happen. Also, if you feel unsafe on Big Dipper and Wild Mouse that's fair enough, but it isn't sufficient enough evidence to suggest the rides are unsafe and should be scrapped. Even if you didn't present your opinions as fact, they would still have an opposition because that's how discussions work. If people disagree with you you should welcome that, you never know, it could start an interesting debate.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

Ha if the Wild Mouse closed I think the pleasure beach would have a riot on their hands. That ride is simply incredible, if you can look past the roughness it's a real standout ride for the park. Anyway, Nash is far rougher than Big Dipper is.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

mouse said:
ATI said:
I would definitely report you two, as well as mouse, smithy, and all the others for hating for some apparent reason that I can not understand.
There's a report button on the top left corner of each post :).

No one is 'hating', they are simply challenging what you say. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion, but it is the way you present it that causes a strong backlash. For example, if you think Infusion should be scrapped for a B&M you can say that without claiming that it is 'highly likely' to happen. Also, if you feel unsafe on Big Dipper and Wild Mouse that's fair enough, but it isn't sufficient enough evidence to suggest the rides are unsafe and should be scrapped. Even if you didn't present your opinions as fact, they would still have an opposition because that's how discussions work. If people disagree with you you should welcome that, you never know, it could start an interesting debate.
Fair enough... I guess it is a part of being a coaster enthusiasts. I respect other peoples opinion but no need for the rude and hateful comments directed at me. Just saying, I am not as old as many of you may think. That may be a reason why my opinions may not have as much logic in them as some of you...

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ You called users on here "twats" on this very page, and you're complaining that people are being rude?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

If this turns out to be the Mack launch coaster we were all expecting, then what should it be named and themed to? I think it should be themed to a mix of water (Infusion) and flying (Sky Force), called Aquaplane. Basically out of control, which would suit a launch coaster well...

Ben

CF Legend

Something to do with water and planes so Aquaplane?

You aquaplane in a car you mong.

If you want to combine flying and water just call it Air France: The Ride.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

No, I DO know the actual definition of Aquaplane, but I think it would work well. DICK