What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2017

It's a freelander TDI. Hmm....

It's so obvious! It's an Aquatrax with a wing over drop!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

Please dont be a cookie cutter clone like a Sky Rocket, please! Because that would be so meh and boring, the only clone I'd be happy with would be Batman 4D.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Oh..... there was me thinking it was some kind of special car they had sorted for this teaser... not someone's car that works there.....

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

^Could be a graceful way to get rid of some employee's old car. Selling it to the park for use as a marketing prop for a few months before scrapping. When I was in the military, several of the superiors brought their old cars with them, which were then sold to the Army for some final duty before scrapping. I saw two being used to demonstrate "traffic accidents" via drop from crane, and one displaying what would happen to a civilian vehicle in a collision with a tank. A few years before, someone had allegedly donated his car for use as a target for artillery exercises too. We were shown one of its doors in a really bad shape.

Darren B

Giga Poster

Whatever it is, I don't see it being a huge coaster by footprint. The goon inside me is begging for either an RMC conversion of one of the woodies or a Mack launched coaster with the emphasis on both inversions & airtime (think Helix).

Realistically I think we're looking at something like a compact Zierer, an S&S Freefly or a Premier Sky Rocket. Either three would make a good addition in the publics eyes, but not for a well travelled enthusiast. We all know who parks cater for so don't get your hopes up.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

I would not be particularly adverse to a RMC conversion of National, might make it actually rideable again...

Though I don't think they'd go with that angle, as they like the traditional side of things...

Something where the Monorail used to be as the station perhaps? We were all pretty shocked at the Live when we realised what was missing up there :lol:

Darren B

Giga Poster

elephant58 said:
Do you mean an S&S Freespin?

That's the badger. It's actually quite a fab ride (probably something to do with the RMC track ;)) it's just not a world beater. I'm praying for a worldie!

Ben

CF Legend

Yeah, they're really fun to be fair, miles better than a Zac Spin.

LOL at the fact that is literally on someone's car. That's not the park announcing it in any way so doesn't really mean it's anything big.

That makes me more firmly in the 'it's probably a gimmicky coaster' camp.

They do have the room for something major, just not the desire IMO.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster

Darren B said:
elephant58 said:
Do you mean an S&S Freespin?

That's the badger. It's actually quite a fab ride (probably something to do with the RMC track ;)) it's just not a world beater. I'm praying for a worldie!

World's tallest 4D coaster?

Nemesis Inferno said:
I would not be particularly adverse to a RMC conversion of National, might make it actually rideable again...

No! It's not that bad if you sit closer to the front, but if they gat an RMC I'd rather they get a scrath built woodie from them.

Ben

CF Legend

^It would have to be 250ft to be the World's tallest 4D coaster, so safe to say not going to happen.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

I really think we could be seeing a Premier Sky Rocket. A shame for us enthusiasts because reviews say they are either "alright" or at worst, offensive but it would be excellent for the park because of the small footprint and Blackpool could market it as having "the highest inversion in Europe". What a fantastic achievement!(not)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

cjbrandy said:
I really think we could be seeing a Premier Sky Rocket. A shame for us enthusiasts because reviews say they are either "alright" or at worst, offensive but it would be excellent for the park because of the small footprint and Blackpool could market it as having "the highest inversion in Europe". What a fantastic achievement!(not)
You do realise that we already have on in Europe, Holiday Park in Germany.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

cjbrandy said:
You do realise that we already have on in Europe, Holiday Park in Germany.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster

I hope it's not. Pleasure Beach need something spectacular, maybe not on the scale of the big one or Valhalla, but something that would be unique to the pleasure beach.

Lofty

CF Legend

cjbrandy said:
Claims like that in the UK don't go well, "Europe's tallest loop" would probably be more appropriate for UK press.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Or they can go the Merlin way and market is as "The tallest LSM Launched coaster in Western Europe"

Dar

Hyper Poster

Could it be something like the Disney Indiana Jones ride? Jeep, adventure and a long build time frame?

:)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Dar said:
Could it be something like the Disney Indiana Jones ride? Jeep, adventure and a long build time frame?

:)
As nice as thar would be, the park has very little space for anything like that now.

Temleh

Mega Poster

I spoke to Morgan Thompson about Project 2017 today. He nervously denied all knowledge of it. Bare in mind, it was his Freelander which had the wheel cover on! ;)