What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Temleh

Mega Poster
To keep this short and sweet, a jeep covered by a tarp has appeared at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. None of the vehicle is visible (due to the tarp) except the rear wheel cover, on which it says "Project 2017 - Blackpool Pleasure Beach".

Photos to come asap but a lot of people have seen it now and the hype is likely to build over the coming months. Is the park finally ready to build a new coaster or do we think this is for something else?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Project 2017

They hyped up a Grest. Sky Fly, but for 2017? This early? This is sure to be big.

Or a giant disappointment.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

It's been a while since their last water feature, hasn't it?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Maybe it's Hot Ice on Wheels?

Spending at PBB has increased in recent years so could 2017 finally be the year for a coaster? I doubt they'd start a subtle publicity campaign about 20 months ahead for something small. Has anybody checked the recent planning permission applications?

mouse

Giga Poster

I reckon it will be a fountain maze with a statue of Amanda in the centre <3.

Where would they have space for a new large-scale ride?

Smithy

Strata Poster

It'll be a coaster.

Not a very good one though.

mouse

Giga Poster

Actually... It is very early days and I have no evidence whatsoever... But I think it will be a premier sky rocket.

Lofty

CF Legend

It'll be something massively overhyped around the Tom Sawyer bridge area (FINALLY).

Ben

CF Legend

IF it is a coaster (big if) I can see it being one of those new S&S 4Ds or similar.

Possibly even an El Loco, could see them taking steepest drop in the country.

Don't think it'll be amazing though. The only thing that's making me think otherwise is this early announcement.

Someone do Ian's suggestion and check planning permission!

Come on RMC <3

Casio

Mega Poster

I think a Premier Sky Rocket 2 would be logical and sensible. I know capacity is an issue, but I've always felt a large shuttle coaster a la Mr Freeze would work well: they can fit it to wind all over the park, cram in a couple of inversions, then send it up a big spike to dubiously claim height (UK or European) records. It's as close to the Bigger One as they'll ever get. I think it's more likely they'd go for the proven Superman/Sky Scream clone though

nadroJ

CF Legend

In my mind I'm gagging for an RMC - but we all know that ain't gunna happen and also I think I'd be sad to see Nash or Big Dipper retracked!

I'm for the 4D flying Batman thing I think.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

I'm similar to everyone else in thinking something compact. I'd put my money on a custom family boomerang, either Gerst or vekoma or possibly a Maurer sky loop.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Is the Jeep a clue? If so, what does it mean?

The only thing we can be sure if is will be themed to a recognised brand like the last big attractions. Still holding out for Hot Ice on Wheels.

GWaS - thanks for checking planning. I also looked earlier today and found bugger all.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

It would be great if they demolished The Big One and put a B&M hyper in its place: The Big One 2. It would be Britains tallest coaster and many would want to ride.

Temleh

Mega Poster

cjbrandy said:
It would be great if they demolished The Big One and put a B&M hyper in its place: The Big One 2. It would be Britains tallest coaster and many would want to ride.

That's a terrible idea as the Big One is already the UK's tallest coaster. I do think it's fair to say that they will go for some form of record though, Blackpool always do... Even if that means putting it over water!

As for the jeep being a clue, what did they do for Projects 94 and 2000? Just put up a sign?

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

Ha I am not a fan of the Big One, it's forceless and dies pretty much straight after the drop. Unfortunately it will be a while till we see it go, it's a staple of the park. To be honest I have no idea where this thing will go if it's a large scale coaster. I am kinda siding with the Premier Superman model. It would be unique to the Uk and could prove quite successful. I hope I am wrong, they don't look bad, but don't look spectacular either. That being said, I think Ben is onto something with the new s&s 4D coaster, that would be a pretty good fit at the park.

Temleh

Mega Poster

S&S have pretty much cut all ties with the park. To the point where they refuse to service Ice Blast because of the amount of in-house modifications and bodge fixes Pleasure Beach have carried out on it over the years!

Vekoma also have the park in their bad books, mainly due to Pleasure Beach running their own in-house wheels on Infusion so you can rule them out too.

This new coaster (if that's what it is) will be Mack and it will be spectacular. You don't tease a coaster this early if it's going to be a simple Premier Skyrocket. Amanda went out to Liseberg just to ride Helix. She also went to Busch Gardens to try out Cheetah Hunt but the less said about that the better! :wink:

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

Temleh said:
S&S have pretty much cut all ties with the park. To the point where they refuse to service Ice Blast because of the amount of in-house modifications and bodge fixes Pleasure Beach have carried out on it over the years!

Vekoma also have the park in their bad books, mainly due to Pleasure Beach running their own in-house wheels on Infusion so you can rule them out too.

This new coaster (if that's what it is) will be Mack and it will be spectacular. You don't tease a coaster this early if it's going to be a simple Premier Skyrocket. Amanda went out to Liseberg just to ride Helix. She also went to Busch Gardens to try out Cheetah Hunt but the less said about that the better! :wink:

Ha interesting, I never knew S&S or Vekoma were in their bad books, makes sense though. And yeah I can see what you mean teasing it 2 years in advance for a mere sky launch is a bit much. If what you're saying ends up happening, 2017 may end up being the new 1994! With Pleasure Beach getting an awesome new ride at the same time Alton gets one.

Temleh

Mega Poster

silenthillXD said:
Temleh said:

Ha interesting, I never knew S&S or Vekoma were in their bad books, makes sense though. And yeah I can see what you mean teasing it 2 years in advance for a mere sky launch is a bit much. If what you're saying ends up happening, 2017 may end up being the new 1994! With Pleasure Beach getting an awesome new ride at the same time Alton gets one.

Which works out perfectly as surely Drayton are also due a new coaster soon? Or Flamingo Land? After all the negativity we've had brought upon theme parks this year, a second coming of 'The Year of the Rollercoaster' is exactly what we need! Here's hoping.