What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Future Predictions

James F

Hyper Poster
A compact Gravity Group woodie with a Zero G roll would be a good fit for that considering it would be the first inverting wooden coaster in the UK. Not to mention it wound't be that expensive.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
A compact Gravity Group woodie with a Zero G roll would be a good fit for that considering it would be the first inverting wooden coaster in the UK. Not to mention it wouldn't be that expensive.
Or remove one of the airtime-less hills from Nickelodeon Streak (because it isn't listed) and replace that with a zero-g roll. Replace the train and you're good to go!

James F

Hyper Poster
If it was only that easy haha. I don't even think it would make the inversion with the slow pace of that ride.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Nick Streak with a Zero G would be really bad, plus it's in Nickelodeon land and marketed as the main family coaster in a family orientated area. I don't even know how that could be marketed.

Dipper_Dave

Roller Poster
Just been drooling over Lagoon's 'Cannibal' coaster. Something like this would add a real spark to BPB's North park. Imagine that elevator lift hill tower exactly where Ice Blast stands now. Demolish Beach Amusements & the Bow(e)l a Drome, Valhalla if necessary, just get rid of wasted space and get this thing built now!

Dipper_Dave

Roller Poster
I'd choose Kärnan over Cannibal personally.

Just looked up that one. . . "The ride starts with a short dark ride section which features some clever holograms. It then has an enclosed vertical lift hill in almost complete darkness. The car stalls midway up the lifthill and there is a brief reverse freefall which is quite alarming if you are not expecting it! The main drop is near vertical."

Holy s***, why can't we get badass rides like this in the UK? Surely a tower with a vertical / elevator lift hill coaster like these would be the perfect fit for BPB, with its limited space? Not only that, it would be first of its kind in the UK. Of course I don't count Speed, Saw & Smiler with their vertical lift hills, I mean a massive tower lift hill like Cannibal / Kärnan.

Last edited:

sandgrown

Mega Poster
A new woodie would be nice for me but I think would have little impact on BPB's appeal to the public long-term. Something like the above would be a hit if feasible.

James F

Hyper Poster
Just been drooling over Lagoon's 'Cannibal' coaster. Something like this would add a real spark to BPB's North park. Imagine that elevator lift hill tower exactly where Ice Blast stands now. Demolish Beach Amusements & the Bow(e)l a Drome, Valhalla if necessary, just get rid of wasted space and get this thing built now!
Had the same thought. I made a layout in rct3 haha. Although I put it in the empty space next to the big one's first drop.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

One of my subscribers was at BPB today and three operators have said a flat ride is coming in 2020 and in the next few years, we'll get a coaster.

In terms of a flat, I'd like to see them do a Gyro Swing in that Space Invader plot of land or maybe somewhere else.

It's not 100% confirmed cause this is what I've just found out today. But, it's something right? ??

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
One of my subscribers was at BPB today and three operators have said a flat ride is coming in 2020 and in the next few years, we'll get a coaster.

In terms of a flat, I'd like to see them do a Gyro Swing in that Space Invader plot of land or maybe somewhere else.

It's not 100% confirmed cause this is what I've just found out today. But, it's something right? ??
To be honest, I could see a flat ride coming in Wild Mouse's empty space or the neighboring Bowl-A-Drome plot. That long and narrow strip would be perfect for a Gyro Swing/Frisbee! As for the coaster, someone else has suggested that the Thompson family could be repeatedly going to MACK Rides for their large new attractions - a similar relationship that they had with Arrow Dynamics back in the 1970s to the 1990s. I'd expect a MACK BigDipper to come to Blackpool Pleasure Beach due to their tight footprints, uniqueness compared to anything else in the park, and USP (winged trains capable of vertical drops and tight turns). Or rather, they could go the more family-friendly route and build a compact MACK Rides Spinning Coaster akin to Sierra Sidewinder or Turbulence. This would offer a great stepping stone coaster for less brave park visitors at the Pleasure Beach. Either way, I'm excited for the future of this park. I'm intrigued how they are going to manage to fit this new coaster and 2020 flat ride in.

To be honest, I could see a flat ride coming in Wild Mouse's empty space or the neighboring Bowl-A-Drome plot. That long and narrow strip would be perfect for a Gyro Swing/Frisbee! As for the coaster, someone else has suggested that the Thompson family could be repeatedly going to MACK Rides for their large new attractions - a similar relationship that they had with Arrow Dynamics back in the 1970s to the 1990s. I'd expect a MACK BigDipper to come to Blackpool Pleasure Beach due to their tight footprints, uniqueness compared to anything else in the park, and USP (winged trains capable of vertical drops and tight turns). Or rather, they could go the more family-friendly route and build a compact MACK Rides Spinning Coaster akin to Sierra Sidewinder or Turbulence. This would offer a great stepping stone coaster for less brave park visitors at the Pleasure Beach. Either way, I'm excited for the future of this park. I'm intrigued how they are going to manage to fit this new coaster and 2020 flat ride in.
I'm guessing the 2020 flat ride and then maybe the coaster at least in 2021 (for the park's 125th anniversary. Or wait for the 130th Anniversary at max - could be before then and around 2022/23/24)