What's new

'Blacking/Whiting' out on a coaster

bazpa

Hyper Poster
I've had it while going over the first drop on Revolution at Blackpool, its always a green flash I get though for some reason

Slash

Giga Poster
I have grey outs where my vision gets blurred and I feel light headed often, especially on Nemesis however I've only gone under once and that was after many re rides of Nemesis.

Lofty

CF Legend
I have black-spotted a couple of times last time I went to Port Aventura, On Khan and Baco, both outside seat when entering their break runs, was a very strange expeerience and went very light headed, I enjoyed it though, don't know why lol!

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
I never posted my other ones; I think this is all, but different posts are jogging my memory to add more!

Inferno loop pullout, leading into the Zero-G
Speed final helix
Irn Bru in the backwards run
Goliath first helix/horizontal loop whatever you wanna call it

Dave

CF Legend
Ive only ever had it happen on a few rides. Speed's final helix and Revolutions loop going backwards.

Emmett

Giga Poster
It only really happens to me when I enter the break runs and suddenly stop. I end up getting that faint feeling suddenly but it passes quick. Its happened on Khan a few times and near everytime I've gone on Nemesis and Inferno.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
OBTW, It's neither normal, nor a healthy thing to black out, or even grey out on a ride. It means that your body's tolerance for excessive G-forces is being exceeded.

Yeah, that doesn't mean that I didn't get right back on Kumba, but it's still not a good thing.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I black out any time I sit towards the back of the train on Goliath at SFMM. It isn't a big deal (for me); I'm used to it and it actually adds to the ride. I've also blacked out coming into Boomerang at KBF's station backwards and I've come close on Montezooma's Revenge's return loop many times.

A

Anonymous

i black out when i have too many rides on speed , on the helixes. I think its because i have had to much GFORCE because i repeatedly ride that throughout the day.. do you think there should be a limit to re-riding.

Tjex1

Roller Poster
When it gets a bit more serious, eg. blacking out, it is often called G-Loc, or Gi-Loc, G inforced lack of conciousness. I know a person who passed out on Goliath's final helix.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Dragon Khan at night is the only coaster that comes to mind. My nerves tingled, my vision was painted in splodges of bright colours and my hearing silenced as I exited the first vertical loop and entered the Dive Loop. The forces must have been so sustained, unless it had something to do with Spains weather and humidity... :?

A

Anonymous

I get gray spotty tunnel vision a lot on intense rides. The overbank on Millennium Force got me every time I rode it and for some reason, the loop going backwards on Zoomerang, as well as a few other rides. I also get kind of weird vision on launches, like for most of going up the hill on Top Thrill Dragster I couldn't see quite right. I don't think that's from the force though, it's like my brain couldn't catch up or something...I got it on Storm Runner too. I read somewhere that taking hiccup like breaths keeps the blood flowing to your head to reduce this sort of thing and I tried it on a lot of rides and it seemed to help.

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
I'm not sure whether it was blacking out or passing out but my first ride on Sidewinder I blacked out while on the forwards lift and came to my senses when we got dropped.

The only coaster I've actually blacked out on is Loch Ness Monster after my 6th or 7th ride in the exit of the first loop. It was raining and there was no line so I rode 9 times in a row in the last row.

Sax Man

Mega Poster
The only ride I really whited out on was Goliath at SFOG. It happens right after the turn around, before it hits the trim. It got worse the more times I rode it. I haven't blacked out though.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I blacked/whited out on Piraten (turn around after first drop) that's the only example I can think of for now, and I think I only remember it because it happened EVERY time and I must have ridden it 10 times in a row.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I get this effect on Inferno, Nemesis and Mille..

Greyout.png