What's new

Bizzarre Coaster Occurrences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
To go with CP6's and Taylor's wasp stories, I got stung by a wasp on the corner of my mouth by the lips on the pirate ships at Chessington.

Never have liked Pirate ships since then.

spicy

Giga Poster
^ That truely is bizarre.

The funniest thing I have seen was this man on Inferno, he had a Nemesis Inferno hat, T-shirt, medal Im sure he would have had the whole outfit if he could.

Anyway he went on the ride and his medal and hat had fallen off and he came back into the station looking all depressed. Quite sad but funny.

Also when I was on Spinball once my phone flew out my pocket and my mate managed to pluck it out of the air, similar to the Behemoth story.

trav

Mega Poster
Not really bizzare, but one of the funniest things I've seen happen near a coaster.

On Thorpe Opening day, Nemmy Inferno was shut, so we were queueing outside, and then a staff person appears at the entrance with a group of about 8 kids who had jumped the fence to get into the shut queueline.

It made me lol.

Haha, the stories about bugs actually remind me of another semi-funny thing that happened to me on a roller coaster.

I was on Raptor at dusk a few years ago in October, and I was posing for an on ride photo with my mouth WIDE open and my tongue sticking out. My mom told me this was my last coaster of the day so I didn't wanna screw up my on ride. So, a few seconds before the picture was taken, I felt some lovely fishflies fly into my mouth, and tons of them got smooshed on what was my favourite sweater at the time, leaving stains on it. But yeah, I ended up with a decent on ride photo but I left the park with a bug filled mouth and shirt.

vermilionguy

Roller Poster
Some of you are probably aware of this incedent but I was in line for TTD the first year it opened when one of the dragster themed wheels fell off. My best friend and I had snuck into the park (we were poor then) just before closing just so we could get a first ride on TTD. While in line at around 12:30am a train came down the hill and we looked up to see this huge dragster tire go flying by. It was going so fast as it bounced along that when it hit a bump it flew up and over the little building at the end of the break run. It then continued bouncing and hopped over a fence and into the water under Iron Dragon. It was pretty crazy, only the people in line new that it happened and the ride ops were stunned when the train came into the station without a tire. After I think about an hour of maintenance guys taking off the train and deliberating what to do, they finished letting everyone in line ride and the dragster themeing was history soon after. It was really lucky that the right tire flew off and not the left one. The left tire would have flew through the line and severely injured if not killed several people. Thats my odd coaster story.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
trav said:
Not really bizzare, but one of the funniest things I've seen happen near a coaster.

On Thorpe Opening day, Nemmy Inferno was shut, so we were queueing outside, and then a staff person appears at the entrance with a group of about 8 kids who had jumped the fence to get into the shut queueline.

It made me lol.

Ah yes, I remember this well, the kids decided to jump into the extension (which goes along a major path towards the entrance) and were greeted with a locked gate, a long queue outside and staff members...

I lol'd... :lol:

A

Anonymous

i was wearing a hat on iron wolf like those tighter benie things

so up came the loop my hat disappeared... i put my hands up trying to reach it annnnd Bam ! at the bottom op the loop it landed in my hand!

it was sooo cool!

A

Anonymous

I guess the funniest experience I've had was when I was working at Six Flags Over Georgia in 05. I was the Assistant Foreman at the Great American Scream Machine, and I was training my new foreman. We had just dispatched a train and it was climbing a lift, but then the 2nd train slammed into the brakes at the end of the ride and didnt release. I had no clue what the problem was but all I knew is that the train climbing the lift would stop at the top if the 2nd train didnt get to the station in time...

So sure enuff the train got stopped on the lift and the 2nd train was stuck in the Main Brake (thats the name of the brake at the end of the ride that sometimes stops the train extra hard). So I called maintnence and they came over and informed me that we would have to unload both trains from their current positions.

So I walked up the lift with my supervisor and had to manually unlock each seat and walk the guests down the lift. It was funny because alot of them were walking slow, and some of them were scared. I got yelled at by like 3 guests because I was walking down the steps too fast and they couldnt keep up.

~Seddy

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Last year on Renegade I forgot I had a hat on and the ride op never told me to take it off when they were checking my restraints and as we went down the drop it popped off and I reached up and grabbed it. I was happy I didn't lose it.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I was riding Apollo's Chariot with my dad and he had some glasses in his breast pocket that just flew right out on the first drop. He tried to grab them out of the air but we hit the bottom of the drop and they slammed onto the floor of the train, only to be ejected again on the second drop. They were floating right in front of me, kind of like we were in space, for a second and I grabbed them just before we hit the bottom of that drop.

A

Anonymous

kumba830 said:
i was wearing a hat on iron wolf like those tighter benie things

so up came the loop my hat disappeared... i put my hands up trying to reach it annnnd Bam ! at the bottom op the loop it landed in my hand!

it was sooo cool!
Heh, lucky :p

Sadly, I don't have any strange experiences on coasters.

A

Anonymous

I was on this rollerocoaster in Aberdeen Scotland, built on the roof of a big restraunt. The car got to the top and started to turn the corner aproaching the 1st drop. Suddenly me and my friend saw a puff of feathers and a heard a thump from the car infront.

A seagull had flown right into the side of the car, was hilarious.

A

Anonymous

I've caught hats, gotten stuck on first drops, stuck on lift hills, seen dentures fly out, almost get hit right in the face with vomit, hair pieces fly never to see seen again. The most bizarre thing I've seen though was watch an enitre train full of Rabbi's on The Great American Scream Machine.

A

Anonymous

This happend to my sister ( 7 ) at scarowinds on thunderoad. she was riding next to me i put the seatbelt around her and lowered the restraint. so we climb up the lift hill and go down and she starts slipping down underneath the restraint bar. her head is at the restraint, and this isnt the smoothest rollercoaster ever. so i stick my hand underneath her chin so she dosent chip a tooth. and we get back to the station and shes crying, so i carry her to the exit and she tells me that she isnt ridding that again

or at sfog we were waiting in araninfoba (sp) and some girl spit off the drop ride and it hit a park employee. so as soon as the rides over the girl that spits gets off and the park employee confronts her and they start yelling at it other and cussing. then the other ride op comes over and breaks them up.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Dear awesomeretard,

This topic is over two years old for ****s sake! How do you even find these topics? If you're going to attempt to resurrect the dead, at least do it with something mildly interesting to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.