What's new

Big Audio Dynamite Live in Glasgow

alexr

Hyper Poster
Last Night I went to see Big Audio Dynamite and it was a great concert. We arrived for a rubbish support act then after that the band came on. The performances were great and it was good to see how much effort was going into this. We were told about how the sounds used are all the original which have been remastered from tape. It was a good audience and the band were very interactive and are still as good as they once were 20 to 30 years ago.

For those unaware of the band heres a quick summary

Big Audio Dynamite are a British musical group formed in 1984 by the ex-guitarist and singer of The Clash, Mick Jones. The group is noted for their effective mixture of varied musical styles, incorporating elements of punk rock, dance music, hip hop, reggae, and funk. BAD's one constant throughout frequent shifts in membership and musical direction are the vocals provided by Mick Jones. After releasing a number of well-received albums and touring extensively throughout the 1980s and 1990s, Big Audio Dynamite disbanded in 1997, but have announced a reunion as of January 2011.

People in the Band

Mick Jones - vocals and guitar
Don Letts - sound effects and vocals
Dan Donovan - keyboards
Leo Williams - bass
Greg Roberts - drums and background vocals

The Bands Logo

DSCF5877.jpg

Firstly Here are some of the videos I shot, Sorry for the poor Quality, I was using a bad Camera
E=mc²

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okro1na1Oiw[/youtube]

C'mon Every Beatbox

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CzM8QXLRpc[/youtube]

Some Photos from the Night

DSCF5562-1.jpg

Out side the Venue (ABC Glasgow)
DSCF5565-1.jpg

Inside the place
DSCF5570.jpg

Support Act Came on
DSCF5577-1.jpg

The Act.
DSCF5590.jpg

Then BAD came on
DSCF5596.jpg

Some Various shots
DSCF5600.jpg

DSCF5603-1.jpg

DSCF5604.jpg

DSCF5619.jpg

DSCF5624.jpg

DSCF5627.jpg

DSCF5636.jpg

DSCF5639.jpg

DSCF5647.jpg

DSCF5654-1.jpg

DSCF5671.jpg

DSCF5718.jpg

DSCF5796.jpg

DSCF5825.jpg

DSCF5835-1.jpg

DSCF5865.jpg

DSCF5789.jpg

DSCF5703.jpg

DSCF5881.jpg

The Stage being Cleared.

Thanks for reading!!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Cool!
I didn't know the band had reformed (once again).
Saw them a couple of times at clubs in NYC in the '80s & hung out with Mick quite a bit when he came down to the Scrap Bar, which was just about every night when he was in town. :lol: