What's new

BGT - Future of Rhino Rally / Gwazi

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
TBH? At what point do you try and cut your losses. COUNTLESS amounts of re-tracks.... SIX new trains,. that did little to NOTHING to help the ride. Cedar Fair / Kings Island got smart with Son of Beast... Busch really outta with this POS ride.

Gwazi will be missed by .01 of its riders

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Yup. Florida is not gentle on wood coasters. They seem to simultaneously rot out from the humidity and dry out and crack from the intense sunshine.

michaellll

Mega Poster
Oh wow. I really thought I was doomed to have to keep riding Gwazi for years to come. Fun but so utterly average and airtime-less. So this is good news in my book.

But if they're using the same plot of land for a new coaster I worry I'm not getting my dream of a hyper bounding through the Serengeti *cries*

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Maybe if RMC come out a bit sooner.. the ride could have been saved. The layout is there for the most part.. It *could* have been good (even without dueling, as the park so often did) its just such an awful tracked ride. And for what its worth, the last two times I've gone.. both blue (tiger) and yellow (lion) trains were running on the same side. (What had been the Lion side)

andrus

Giga Poster
My first thought was; why get another speed coaster when they recently installed cheetha hunt? But then I remebered B&M used to (still does?) refer to their hypers as "speed coasters". It obviously wouldn't fit in the old spot of Gwazi, but maybe that's just for the station area. They're might up for an out and back layout like michaellll suggested.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^I think you're putting a little too much thought into an offhand comment by a random mechanic.

Then again, he might have had access to some sort of long term plan that basically said "We'll put a big-ish coaster here some day" regarding the Gwazi site. The management might have decided to reserve the land for a "speedy coaster", even though nothing has been settles in regards to manufacturer, layout or perhaps even year of construction.