Votes: 21 67.7%
  • Boulderdash

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
What is the better wooden roller coaster: El Toro or Boulder Dash?

A little background info on each:
El Toro - Six Flasgs Great Adventure
Tops 180 ft
76 degree drop

Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
Only 100 ft but known for its speed and terrain course

I vote El Toro. What do you guys think?

Edited throughout to correct Boulder Dash (two words). - ECG

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I loved both of them, but Boulder Dash wins. Location/Terrain etc. gives it the edge of over Toro.

Boulder Dash is my favourite coaster, followed by T-Express which is then very, very, very closely followed by El Toro.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
El Toro is very, very good. No doubt about that.

A couple of days before riding El Toro, I'd come off Superman Ride of Steel at New England (now Bizarro) thinking "yeah, it's a good ride, but if that's the best the world can offer, I'm disappointed - it's not a Nemesis beater". Then I rode El Toro and realized "yeah, this is what a smooth, controlled airtime machine should be like". El Toro is currently my No. 2 coaster.

However, you probably know what my No. 1 is. Boulder Dash is so far ahead of everything else, there's just no competition. Boulder Dash is roller coaster perfection. It's just in a different league to everything else I've ridden.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
debating

It's really your opinion.

When I came off of El Toro, I said: Huge drop and tight turns

When I came off of Boulderdash, I said: It goes insanely fast through the woods.

I vote for Toro in a very close race

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
Re: Better Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro vs Boulderdash

Rode both and I think El Toro is better. Boulder dash is great, but the roughness sometimes takes away from the excitement. El Toro has the best airtime on any coaster I've ever ridden. The drop on El Toro is better also. Both are out of control and amazing, but El Toro is just slightly better. Both are by far the best wooden coasters on the east.

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster

Boulder dash looks like a great ride, but El Toro is so much bigger at everything it does, therefore it is better.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Cause Kingda ka was so much better than Top Thrill Dragster ;)

Bigger =/= Better.

Boulder Dash as I love terrain.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Boulder Dash was having a bad day the only time I've ever ridden it. But then, El Toro was shut completely, so there's no real competition.
FML

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re:

nealbie said:
I Can't Decide is a Scissor Sisters song!
Twisted Sisters? [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnvIrZRKrqg[/youtube]

Hobbes

Mega Poster

I have to vote for Toro. They are very close as far as I'm concerned (numbers 2 and 3 for me), but Toro barely edges out Boulder Dash. It just seems to have more of a punch to it. Boulder Dash is amazing, but Toro just blew me away. That said, Lake Compounce is my home park, so I've been riding BDash my whole life. That probably plays a part in diminishing its effect on me.

CedarPoint27

Roller Poster

Sadly i havent ridden either but judging of reviews and POVs El Toro looks superior to Boulderdash. But overall my opionion dosent really matter since i havent ridden either but i plan to ride these awesome rides as soon as i can.

Boulder Dash was apparently having a pretty **** day the day I rode it, which is a shame because it did seem to have some decent potential. I guess it was "warming up" by the end of the night, and it did become a better ride, but El Toro still wins for me. If I had been on Boulder Dash on a good day, I might think differently, but it wasn't flying through the circuit as fast as it probably should have been.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

I love both of these rides so much. They are my top 2 favorite wooden coasters. El Toro just popped into my number 1 overall coaster spot. It was a absolutely fantastic ride with great airtime, an amazing drop, and ridiculous speed. I adore Boulder Dash and can't say anything bad about it. I just find Toro better in ever way.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster

Definitely Boulder Dash. I've ridden both, and I found Toro to be very overrated. Boulder Dash feels way faster since you're flying between trees and rocks. Plus the airtime is great, although I prefer Toro's airtime. Even the lift hill on BD is fun!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Yay, I can actually answer this now!
Toro wins for me but barely, I also rode BD on a bad day, very cold and trackwork which needs some TLC. Toro on the other hand was intense perfection.

If I rode BD on a good day it could change, but at the moment it's simply not as good.