What's new

eveares

Roller Poster
Hi all, new here. Hope this is ok and appropriate to post here.

Based in the south of the UK and single, I often struggle to find people who also share my addiction of adrenaline; and I mean that to the extreme degree, having done a double 300ft bungee jump in the past (and wanting to do another), normally chain ride rides at theme parks, and my favourite rides being things like the Sky Coaster (Freefall swing) and the Sky Screamer (Slingshot ride) at Blackpool, I am almost certainly on the extreme end of being a adrenaline junkie.

The friends I do have, either outright don't like rides/theme parks or simply live to far away and are to busy with life.

What's the best way to find like minded people who want to meet up and share my addition to adrenaline? Facebook groups, here? (if so, which section), some other recommended site, public events that I am unaware of?

Kind regards: Elliott.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Last minute trip plans on here, the Coasterforce meets, BPB has just started a new fan club, the mob on Towers Street are very welcoming, and finally Thorpe Park Mania do meets local to you as well...
You can meet old git coaster freaks in MmeCrevettes on BPB on many wet weekday afternoons.
I love meeting random strangers at parks, though often prefer a solo fix, just to spoil myself.
Happy hunting!

Coastercal

Roller Poster
I sometimes have the same thoughts, girlfriend is petrified of all rides ranging from the Big Dipper to the log flume at flambards, and there’s not many friends who want to visit a theme park on a weekly basis. Saying that, I often travel abroad on my own to visit parks and solo in the U.K. too, I don’t mind it. However, it would be pretty cool to not have to go solo every time. I guess the plus sides to being a a single rider are you go where you want when you want and ride what you want. But for sure I understand your frustration.

Wildboy1983

Roller Poster
Hi Elliot did you find some other coaster enthusiasts in the end? I am also on the south coast near Portsmouth and looking for someone to enjoy thorpe park this year with as I have purchased a Merlin pass for the first time.

Will

Strata Poster
^
I doubt you'd struggle to find a crowd of us to do Thorpe with this year - keep one eye on the trip planning section of the forum :)

And of course - anyone who wants to meet goons in Staffs in the coming weeks knows when and where :)

FogZog

Roller Poster
Wanted boyf to take me Blackpool for my birthday but the drive was "too long" .... I would literally drive any amount of time for coasters :(