What's new

Best way to get to Europa Park and Parc Asterix

nadroJ

CF Legend
I won't be doing these trips this year as I just can't afford it but I'm bord and decided to start organising for next year.

Now I've looked into these but my limited knowledge of places in Europe doesn't help me here at all.

Basically, what are the nearest airports? Is it easier to drive? Get a train? Where do you think I should stay?

Thanks x

Dave

CF Legend
Nearest airport to Asterix is the large Charles De Gaulle airport, if you go with Flybe thats quite cheap (if your at uni at Soton then fly from there, it cost around £50 for return flights)

davidm

Strata Poster
I flew into Stuttgart to get to Europa - maybe a 90 minute drive from there. But Basel (Switzerland) is not too far either;

http://www.europapark.de/lang-en/c337/default.html

Stuttgart was good 'cos the flight was dirt cheap (but had to stop at an airport hotel since it got in late in the evening).

Asterix is north of Paris, never been there so someone else will chime in here - not too far of a trek from CDG and Disney it seems tho'.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Parc Asterix is unbelievably easy to get to. It has it's own motorway junction on the A1 into Paris, can't remember the number, but I think it was between J7 and J8.

If you're driving, which I would recommend because of the ease of it, then just get onto the A1 (which does have a toll section, but that only cost us about €6 for the whole of the toll stretch) and you can't miss it. If you're coming from the North driving also has the advantage of adding in Bagatelle if you've got time, along with the obvious goodies at Calais. That is, when the exchange rate picks up again!

Charles De Gaulle airport is very close to the park, so that's another option for getting there.

I can't say anything for Europa though, as I haven't been.

Ben

CF Legend
^Yes. I would recommend Karlsuhe Baden. It's a 76km drive which should apparently take about 50 minutes if you were to drive. However, I wouldn't drive since it's so close and easy by train, and with the young driver charge, it becomes very expensive (if you can even hire at your age... I've not looked at under 21 so I don't know if that's even possible over there!)

Also, Expedition GeForce is only a bit away. Do both :)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
For Parc Asterix, just get to Charles De Gaulle somehow. From there, you can go to the bus platforms and buy a bus/park ticket for 40 euros. The bus only takes 15 minutes to get there. Be forwarned though, the bus doesn't come on schedule.

Emmett

Giga Poster
^^ :shock: , yeah I forgot about Holiday Park its about the same travelling time by train from Karlsruhe too. Also Tripsdrill park is about 2 hours away by train too, so good options there to do 2 parks in the trip.