• Ice Blast - Blackpool

• Croc Drop - Chessington

• Sky Drop - Adventureland

• Cranky's Tower- Drayton

• Volcano - Fantasy Island

Results are only viewable after voting.

tynemouthsurfer

Roller Poster
With the only Intamin drop tower in the UK, Apocalypse at Drayton, operating but up for sale. In addition CwoA shiny new thing for 2021 in Croc Drop - we could be at a crossroads for UK tower rides.

I am not a flat ride fan but always seek out tower rides (even if just for a good view of the park). Which is your favourite?

Last edited:

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Love Detonator personally. One of the only rides that still scares me, the drop is brutal.

Apocalypse a very close second.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
Detonator by a country mile. It is my favourite drop tower, period. The 'push' it gives going down just makes it so forceful and intense. It feels like a launch downwards rather than a freefall. Honestly the Intamin ones feel tame in comparison tbh.

Matt N

CF Legend
I’d personally vote for Venom at West Midlands Safari Park, which isn’t actually in the poll… Detonator at Thorpe would be a close second for me. I just love the raw punch of those Fabbri towers!

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
As a self proclaimed drop tower enthusiast I don't think anything comes close to the stand up side on Apocalypse. It's by far the most refined, pure sensation of falling out of any drop tower i've ridden. It's probably the best ride i've ever ridden in all honesty. Though I have to say, Venom at West Midlands is a close second. It's like Detonator on steroids. The drop is ridiculously intense!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm also gonna have to say Detonator, from the ones I've ridden. That drop literally shags my entire body all over and I love it.

Cliffhanger is the best S&S tower I've ridden though.

Changa

Mega Poster
Apocalypse any day. Detonator might have a more forceful drop but doesn't compare to the fear from the tilting drops. Ice blast is a pleasant 3rd imo.