What's new

Best theme park Toilets

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
So its come to this!!........

But really toilets (bathrooms to you Americans) are an essential commodity for any public service or attraction, but are often the last to get any attention - and even in some Disney parks have been left shockingly bland and take you out of the immersion you're experiencing in the rest of the land!

And most of the time it's not something we notice or consider, So when the effort is made to theme or decorate a toilets it really grabs your attention and furthers the story.

..... And as I found out can potentially lead to awkward situations when you whip out your camera phone to get some snaps and someone walks in and wonders what your up to!

some notable ones for me include:-

Tivoli Gardens - the toilets by the Peacock theatre - were just Wow when I First went, ambient birdsong, scents, fancy fittings, mood lighting and a projection effect on the floor (of falling leaves I think) - the first time I really took notice of such a thing!

Toverland:- Tucked at the back of the new Avalon area is a toilets themed to a stables - everything from hoof prints in the floor, flickering candles, cubical themed to stable doors, straw poking from faux haylofts and a sink shaped to a through!

Tripsdrill- theres a nice toilets themed to flying machines - with fanciful shaped mirrors and stained glass in the windows etc.

What in-park toilets are you're 'favourites'?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 20.54.33.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 20.54.33.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 20.55.01.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 20.55.01.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 20.55.35.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 20.55.35.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 64

emoo

Hyper Poster
The golden toilet in Efteliling cracked me up. Both ends ?

seat.jpg

It's behind this special door in an otherwise row of dull cubicles for peasants.

special door.jpg

I don't remember where this is in the park but its glorious enough to have it's own plaque

palque.jpg

If anyone wants to take the trouble of translating that to English, please don't ruin this for me.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Matamba & Ling bao at Phantasialand have some really nice toilets.

As for inside the park, the toilets by the 4D cinema in the french area at Europa Park are amazing, they really make you feel like a movie star and are beautifully themed!

Also at Linnanmaki in finland in the “underground” passageway with hall of mirrors they have race car themed toilets for boys and princess themed toilets for girls.

I definitely think a theme park cannot be classed as “good” unless it has good toilets! ?

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Great topic.

Klugheim ones are particularly nice, they feel clean and modern but also rustically on theme.

Europa has the best overall selection. All very different and the themes are matched to each country. England ones feel straight out of a smokey snooker club, Greece ones have nice mosaics, etc. Just adds to the already premium feel of the park.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Also at Linnanmaki in finland in the “underground” passageway with hall of mirrors they have race car themed toilets for boys and princess themed toilets for girls.
Linnanmäki also has really nice steampunk themed toilets at the main entrance with even nicer theming, one of my favourites.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Klughiem possibly has the worst smelling theme park toilets, yes they look nice but my god do they stick like stale sh*t

Will

Strata Poster
Christ, we're scraping the barrel here...

Hotel Colloseo at EP
&
Gronalund

Chessington, Thorpe (specifically nearest to Saw/Samurai) and Parc St Paul stick in my head for having particularly grim facilities.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Klugheim toilets have been my favourites. Also a fan of the race car ones at Linnanmaki. Never knew of the golden toilet at Efteling; will have to remember about that!

Thorpe (specifically nearest to Saw/Samurai)

These toilets do win for some of the grimmest. Pretty certain they were built in the 90s and haven't really seen any sort of proper overhaul since. There were plans to give them a big overhaul and make them a bit nicer (like the ones by Tidal Wave and Nemesis Inferno have seen over the past few years), but they sadly fell through. Eurgh </3

nadroJ

CF Legend
There were plans to give them a big overhaul and make them a bit nicer (like the ones by Tidal Wave and Nemesis Inferno have seen over the past few years), but they sadly fell through. Eurgh </3

Your prayers may well have been answered ? #newfor2020

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Since their theming-craze, Walibi Belgium has themed toilets as well: tiki-themed toilets, toy-themed toilets and Bollywood themed toilets. Always fun to pee while listening to jungle sounds...

Peet

Giga Poster
I can't find any pictures but the "Extraordinary loos" at the entrance to Alton Towers are worth a mention; they had repurposed ride slogans like "Assume the Position" and "Don't look down" on the inside of the toilet lids, not sure if they are still there.

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
The golden toilet in Efteliling cracked me up. Both ends ?

View attachment 8393

It's behind this special door in an otherwise row of dull cubicles for peasants.

View attachment 8394

I don't remember where this is in the park but its glorious enough to have it's own plaque

View attachment 8395

If anyone wants to take the trouble of translating that to English, please don't ruin this for me.

It says:

Royal Toilet
In order to honor our monarch, we kindly request you to (use the) toilet generously (/Royaly)

It's written in very 'posh' Dutch + it rhymes in Dutch