Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Inarizushi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chirashizushi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Sushi lovers, what is your favorite sushi roll.

Alaska roll
a variant of the California roll with raw salmon on the inside, or layered on the outside.

British Columbia roll
contains grilled or barbecued salmon skin, cucumber, sweet sauce, sometimes with roe. Also sometimes referred to as salmon skin rolls outside of British Columbia, Canada.

California roll
consists of avocado, kani kama (imitation crab/crab stick) (also can contain real crab in "premium" varieties), cucumber, and tobiko, often made as uramaki (with rice on the outside, nori on the inside)

Dynamite roll
includes yellowtail (hamachi) and/or prawn tempura, and fillings such as bean sprouts, carrots, avocado, cucumber, chili, spicy mayonnaise, and roe.

Hawaiian roll
contains shoyu tuna (canned), tamago, kanpyō, kamaboko, and the distinctive red and green hana ebi (shrimp powder).

Philadelphia roll
consists of raw or smoked salmon, cream cheese (the name refers to Philadelphia cream cheese), cucumber or avocado, and/or onion.

Rainbow roll
is a California roll uramaki with multiple types of fish (commonly yellowtail, tuna, salmon, snapper, white fish, eel, etc.) and avocado wrapped around it.

Seattle roll
consists of cucumber, avocado, cream cheese and raw or smoked salmon.

Mango roll
includes fillings such as avocado, crab meat, tempura shrimp, mango slices, and topped off with a creamy mango paste.

Spider roll
includes fried soft-shell crab and other fillings such as cucumber, avocado, daikon sprouts or lettuce, roe, and sometimes spicy mayonnaise.

Michigan roll
includes fillings such as spicy tuna, smelt roe, spicy sauce, avocado, and sushi rice. Is a variation on spicy tuna roll.

Oshizushi
A block-shaped piece formed using a wooden mold, called an oshibako. The chef lines the bottom of the oshibako with the toppings, covers them with sushi rice, and then presses the lid of the mold down to create a compact, rectilinear block. The block is removed from the mold and then cut into bite-sized pieces.

Nigirizushi
consists of an oblong mound of sushi rice that the chef presses into a small rectangular box between the palms of the hands, usually with a bit of wasabi, and a topping (the neta) draped over it.

Narezushi
a traditional form of fermented sushi. Skinned and gutted fish are stuffed with salt, placed in a wooden barrel, doused with salt again, then weighed down with a heavy tsukemonoishi (pickling stone).

Makizushi
Sushi rice and various ingredients are rolled in nori (dried seaweed) as maki means rolling in Japanese.

Inarizushi
a pouch of fried tofu typically filled with sushi rice alone.

Chirashizushi
a bowl of sushi rice topped with a variety of raw fish and vegetables/garnishes (also refers to barazushi).

*NOT FOR SUSHI HATERS* cool)

IF I AM MISSING ONE, LET ME KNOW.

BBH

Giga Poster
I personally think most sushi is **** ing disgusting but when I do eat it I prefer California rolls.

Posted while reading your mind.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
It has to be the little maki rolls with cucumber or tuna <3 I love sushi, but it's impossible to find decent Japanese food outside of London I think.

The raw fish misconception needs to sod off :roll:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Philadelphia Roll - because if there's anything Americans are good at doing, it is putting cream cheese on things.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Glennderp said:
Philadelphia roll
consists of raw or smoked salmon, cream cheese (the name refers to Philadelphia cream cheese), cucumber or avocado, and/or onion.

This sounds lethal.

I personally prefer more traditional sushi over the more westernized rolls. Of course they can be okay on occasion, but generally I think they ruin the flavor of the fish (sashimi FTW).

I really liked the sushi I had with coconut, some sort of sweet hot sauce and then fish in the centre, but I have no idea what it was called.

Out of that list, California and Phili I would say.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I'm new to this whole sushi thing (actually discovered it on a credit run in LA after getting spited on three creds at Knott's and it cheered me up instantly) so I haven't tried everything on the list but as of now, nothing beats a good California roll.

The thing with me is that I don't like raw vegetables, which includes seaweed, so when I order sushi I have to throw in all these special requests. I HAVE to have it either sashimi style or wrapped in soy paper and sometimes I have to request out certain ingredients, such as the cucumber in the California roll.

I had a New Orleans roll (spicy crawfish wrapped in nori/soy paper and rice and topped with remoulade) recently and I loved it, but I still like California the best. Nothing will probably ever beat the California roll in my $10 bento box that I got in LA.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
While I've never had it, the Mango roll looks like it could become a favorite of mine!

I've always like California Rolls or Seattle Rolls from that list as well. Then if you count it, anything with shrimp, even though that's a little less exotic.

Also, Tomago! It's an egg sushi, but it's really good!

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
**** knows what the names are. The one with the Prawn on the top and the bigger ones with the seeds on. Basically the ones you can get at Tesco

Ben

CF Legend
Waitrose do one at their fresh sushi bar in Canary Wharf that's chicken, avocado and some amazing sauce wrapped up with crunchy onions all on the outside. It's ****ing incredible.

This post was brought to you by middle class privilege.