What's new

Best place to live in England for theme parks

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
masster copy.jpg

Ok guys so this has taken me a while but I have complied a map of travel time to English theme parks and you can see the results above.
Lets break down the best places to live by number of parks accessible in 1:30 then-
-SOUTH ENGLAND-
WEST LONDON- within 1:30 of Paultons (1:14), Chessington (0:35), Thorpe (0:24), Legoland (0:25) and Adventure Island (1:30)
OXFORD- within 1:30 of Paultons (1:12), Chessington (1:14), Thorpe (1:01), Legoland (0:59) and Drayton (1:25)
-NORTH ENGLAND-
HOMFIRTH (HUDDERSFIELD)- within 1:30 of Blackpool (1:29), Alton (1:30), Lightwater (1:20) and Flamingo (1:29)

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
I do love me a map.

I grew up in West London which was brilliant in the glory days of Thorpe and Chessington. Could also hop on the metropolitan line to Tussauds, London Dungeon etc.

Nowadays I think just off the M6 between Towers and BPB would be idea as they're the only parks I still genuinely enjoy.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
I do love me a map.

I grew up in West London which was brilliant in the glory days of Thorpe and Chessington. Could also hop on the metropolitan line to Tussauds, London Dungeon etc.

Nowadays I think just off the M6 between Towers and BPB would be idea as they're the only parks I still genuinely enjoy.

I actually live in Huddersfield but I've only ever been to Mingo and PB- hoping to go to Alton this year though

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think I just about live in a pink area, very close to bordering a black. I think I should consider moving.

Also, you missed off Fantasy Island. ;)

Last edited:

Ben

CF Legend
The answer is actually London but because of the ease of getting on a train or a plane and ****ing off to a decent European park.

Also I grew up in that grey area you’ve got under Coventry and could drive to five of those parks in 90 minutes.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
I think I just about live in a pink area, very close to bordering a black. I think I should consider moving.

Also, you missed off Fantasy Island. ;)
I realized there were a few missing but I really didn't have the effort to go back and add them :emoji_laughing:

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Nice idea for sure, and your results are interesting, but there is definitely a flaw somewhere as Ben has stated, because I live in Stoke (20 mins from Alton) and can get to Thorpe/Chessie in about 2.5 hours so anyone living a bit south of Birmingham should be able to get to all the London area Merlin parks within 90 mins and also Alton and Drayton.

I suppose it doesn't factor in exceeding the speed limit though :D

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
By the looks of the map Im out of range but on the very edge as I can get to Mingo and LWV within an hour and a half quite easy. Good piece of work though the Americans on here will be looking thinking 1hr 30 that's nothing

RyanB19

Roller Poster
I actually live in Huddersfield but I've only ever been to Mingo and PB- hoping to go to Alton this year though
I'm a Holmfirth guy myself, got to admit that it is good for spontaneous trips to 2 of the 3 best parks in country (PB and Alton) just wake up and decide to go, remember waking up in the afternoon and popping off to Scarefest and Fireworks when they weren't busy. Even used to go after school sometimes! :eek: