What's new

Best Of The Other Six Flags

What Is Your Favorite Of These Almost Forgotten Six Flags Parks?

• America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Discovery Kingdom

• Fiesta Texas

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Kentucky Kingdom

• Mexico

• New England

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Over Georgia

• Over Texas

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • St. Louis

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Defunct)

• Total voters

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
By now we know that Great Adventure, Great America, and Magic Mountain are on the lists of many people's favorite parks. What about the "other" Six Flags? Some are almost as big as those, others are quite a bit smaller but still have a lot to offer. What is your favorite of these?

trav

Mega Poster
Considering that SFNE has the worlds best rollercoaster (or 2nd best, depending on EGF was running well that year), and SFoG also has a high ranking coaster, I think it's safe to say that they're not "almost forgotten".

I've never heard someone consider Great America as their favourite park, but okay.

I'd probably say Six Flags Over Georgia is the best, because they look to have a nicer atmosphere than the crappy atmosphere Six Flags is notorious for. They seem to have a good selection of coasters too, like Goliath especially.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Over Georgia or Over Texas. Over Georgia has Goliath, Mindbender and Georgia Scorcher. Hardly forgotten to me.

OT was featured in RCT2, and I loved it :) Texas Giant and Titan are seen as mediocre, I know, but they did look awesome in 2D, compared to the other stuff in the game.

Fiesta Texas looks good too, at least S:KC looks very good, and the entire setting of the park sounds nice.

Ben

CF Legend
Over Georgia looks great. I really want to go, more so then any of the others.

New England's pretty good as well, decent level of theming, and quite clean. Other then Superman, however, none of the coasters stand out. And even with Superman, going by trends, I would prefer SFOG's Goliath (which looks like a total orgasm on a stick), so...

So, SFOG. I want it.

Snoo

The Legend
SFFT, SFNE, and SFoG.

Been to NE and oG, and both places are phenomenal. I really think they are the class of Six Flags.. and what Snyder aims for in all of the SF parks.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I'd say Fiesta Texas.. I've heard lots of good things about it.
Either that, or SFoG... a lot can be said for 4 B&Ms. Plus Mindbender.

Goliath123

Mega Poster
SFOG because of Goliath, Mindbende and the other B&M, Georgia Scorcher, 3 of my top 20, with Goliath coming in 2nd!!!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
SFOG & SFFT souldn't be in the list because they're both better than that, therefore SFNE gets my vote.

Jake

Strata Poster
Not sure, but Six Flags 'next to go' America is obviously the worst.

Total, total dump. Just thinking about it makes me depressed!

Patrick

Hyper Poster
I think Over georgia looks like it has the best coaster selection, And it looks like a nice park.

Fiesta Texas looks good too, And it looks like it ha a decent atmosphere and it's cool how they've used the cliffs to put parts of the rides on like Krypton Coaster's helix. I was wondering, Is it an ex quarry?

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Over Georgia looks like a fantastic park. But I've never been there, and I really love Superman, so I'm going to have to go with it. Even though I agree with UC that it's pretty much Superman and a few other generic rides that don't swing in the direction of good or bad. Although he seems to really hate Flashback, where I almost have a fetish for it. ;)

Also, I've never heard of Six Flags: Raging Bull to be on ANYONE'S list.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
I think that the Fiesta Texas and Georiga parks look good and from the 'others (Defunct)' section, I really like the look of Former Six Flags Madrid.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Here's a headline for you.

Human Skeletal Remains Found At Fiesta Texas

SAN ANTONIO - The Bexar County Medical Examiner will perform an autopsy to determine the cause of death of skeletal human remains discovered Wednesday on the grounds of Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

Police say the remains were found at the northwest corner inside the grounds, right at the bottom of a rock wall. Some articles of clothing were also found close to the remains.

The Medical Examiner's office said the remains would be examined Thursday. Investigators do not know the gender of the remains and had few other details.

A Six Flags officials told News 4 that the remains were found on park property in an area off-limits to guests and employees because of the danger of falling rock.

Police say the remains were not anywhere near the public area and appeared to have been there for six to 12 months.

SOURCE

Despite that, I must admit that I'm very impressed with SFFT... it looks like a great setting for a unique amusement park, and Six Flags has clearly taken advantage of that. Very nice.

harlow12

Roller Poster
Georgia has great rides and a very nice atmosphere. The staff is pretty sub-par, but it is made up for in landscaping themeing.

RCF

Strata Poster
I think SFFT needs to get a little more publicity than it's getting right now. It's an absolutely beautiful park, and has great shows, and great coasters. If they had just one more coaster, SFFT would be up there in the favorites of many.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
I would have to agree with UC and say SFFT hands down. They have a very nice coaster lineup and the setting/atmosphere of the park looks incredible. SFOG would be second though because they have some great coasters and I've only heard good things! Lastly, even though I've never been there I think SFStL gets over looked, though they don't have a huge coaster lineup, I've herd the atmosphere is one of the nicer of the Six Flags Parks. Definitely wouldn't put it up there with the looks of SFFT or SFOG though.

Ketchup

Mega Poster
I've done 4 Six Flags

New England
Great Adventure
Magic Mountain
Discovery Kingdom

Coasterwise, I'd say GADV and MM are pretty much neck and neck. Whilst GADV had Ka and El Toro in its top 10 worthy rides, MM had X2, Tatsu and Riddlers. On the clone side Medusa are better than Scream but Magic Mountain had the way better Batman: The Ride . So I'd call that pretty even.

Discovery Kingdom was easily the most well run and clean park out of the 4 with the best operations and some good rides such as Medusa, Roar and V2.

New England had Superman though which still remains my #1, even if they have transformed it though.

I'd call all 4 pretty even if you take everything into account, but if I had the opportunity to revisit one right now it would be SFMM, because outside the coasters, Great Adventure was a bit of a dump.

On the question of the best of the more unsung parks, I'd probs go SFDK, as it was a really nice and pleasant park with good operations as well as some damn good coasters. If I had been to SFFT I'd imagine that would be top though.