What's new

Best kiddie coasters

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I pretty much always skip kiddie credz unless there's one that everyone is riding during a CF-Live (I even made Ian ride Nyckelpigan at Gröna Lund by himself), but there has been the occasional "kiddie" coaster that has been fun to ride. Two that come to mind are Boomerang at Toverland and Force One at Schwaben Park.
Now some will say that those are actually family coasters and I agree, but the minimum requirements are very low which allows small children to ride both. Boomerang has a 90cm (35 inch) height requirement and Force One has a minimum age of 6-years-old regardless of height.
There might also be a very unique kiddie cred out there that I'm not aware of that would also be worth riding (I was spited by Queen Bee at Botton's Pleasure Beach, for example).
So other than those three, are there any other kiddie credz out there with an <1 meter height requirement that are not the usual big apple/wacky worm/kiddie oval/dragon coaster/blah blah blah that are worth riding? No need to mention other Zierer ESCs like Force One (Crossbow at Bowcraft Playland actually has a 42 inch/107cm height requirement) or Vekoma junior coasters like Boomerang.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Kozmo's Kurves at Knobels. Off the hook airtime.

I was going to say Jaguar! at KBF but shockingly found a 48 inch requirement.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Good old High Speed Thrill Coaster at Knoebels was pretty fantastic for its size and it was made a few miles from where I grew up.

I'm also a fan of the Zierer Tivoli's but some of those are pretty big.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
High Speed Thrill Coaster was good as is Kozmo's Kurves and I have ridden both, but I can do without ever ridding a Zierer Tivoli again.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^I've ridden another Zamperla Speedy Coaster like Kiddie Coaster at Adventure Island (Circus Coaster at Luna Park in Coney Island) and it's awful. As I said, I can also do without ever riding another Zierer Tivoli (like Barnstormer & Green Scream) and I've never ridden a Pinfari Mini Mega Coaster MM29, but it doesn't look unique in any way (especially not like Queen Bee) nor does it look to be slightest bit thrilling (like Boomerang or Force One).
I'm interested in good or unique kiddie coasters, not ones that are ok or "not bad".

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
ECG said:
What does that mean Chris?

I think he's talking about the kiddie coaster at Tussenfyd, Norway.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtifSNeGAM0[/youtube]

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I like the pinfari mighty mini megas, and the IE park equivilents (like the landmark forest one)

Also - Gotta mention orkanen at farup (min 1m05)

and of course - ZIPPER DIPPER!

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
The "Junior Coasters" by Vekoma aren't bad. I have ridden Ant Farm Express, Barnstormer, Dragon (Legoland Florida), Flight of the Hippogriff, Gadget's Go Coaster (Disneyland), Road Runner Express (SFMM), Roller Skater (Kentucky Kingdom), Spacely's Sprocket Rockets, Woodstock's Express (Cedar Point), and Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster.
I wouldn't want to be seen on anything smaller, but I have been on some just for the credits.

Vekoma also makes some "Suspended Family" coasters. I liked Freedom Flyer and Flying Ace Aerial Chase (Carowinds).

There are some Tivolis by Zierer built mostly for the kids. Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train, Jaguar!, and Pepsi Orange Streak are ok.

The suspended ones by Setpoint aren't very good. I put up with Flying Super Saturator, Pteranodon Flyers, and Roller Soaker.

Most wild mice are terrible, but what rcdb calls "large park" ones by Mack Rides are pretty good. I have tried Coast Rider, Fly, LEGO TECHNIC Test Track, and Ricochet (Kings Dominion).

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Kozmos Kurves
Circus Coaster
Catwoman's Whip
Rudy's Rapid Transit
Polar Coaster
Lil Phantom

Some of these are probably considered family but these are just some smaller ones.

Yeti

Roller Poster
Tomahawk at PA is actually a really fun ride - especially without the seat belt. Minimum height is only one meter with an adult.

I know Vampire at Chessington is considered a family coaster, but the ride is intense for the 1.1m restriction. I remember crying on my first ride as a child :(

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Im not too sure if this counts as a family coaster, but Nick streak is great! Has really good floater airtime.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk