What's new

Best indoor roller coaster in Orlando?

Best ride?

• Total voters

ThemeParkHistorian

Roller Poster
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts vs Revenge of the Mummy |  WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

Disney shares peek inside Guardians of the Galaxy coaster

Expedition Everest vs Revenge of the Mummy | FORUMS - COASTERFORCE

Space Mountain vs Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith | WDWMAGIC -  Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

Haunted Mansion vs Space Mountain | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World  discussion forums

Which is the best ride? Rank them.

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
I haven't ridden Mummy or Cosmic Rewind yet but as of now I would probably go with Revenge of the Mummy. Cosmic Rewind looks like a fun ride but incredibly overrated. Space Mountain is fantastic, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is fine, And Gringotts is barely a coaster

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is one of my favourite rides of all time. Love the concept and the Aerosmith soundtrack.

Space Mountain is great fun, and the best of the current iterations of Space Mountain (the original Paris version was better but then they ruined it).

Revenge of the Mummy is a decent enough coaster and memorable.

Gringotts was so disappointing. The Gringotts scenes in the films absolutely lent themselves to being made into a real-life coaster. For some reason they decided to go for a heavily screened-based ride and hardly any actual coaster. One of the most baffling theme park decisions of all time.

I haven't ridden Cosmic Rewind but I can't imagine I'd rate it highly because I'm not a fan of Guardians of the Galaxy at all. I reckon I'd rank it above Gringotts but below the Mummy.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
1. Cosmic Rewind - This is just a seriously fun ride and the speed near the end of the backwards launch was totally unexpected (especially for a Disney ride!) Comfortably sits as my favourite indoor coaster however I might be a bit biased considering it's also my 100th credit 😅

2. Revenge Of The Mummy - This was my favourite on the last trip to Florida I did back in 2018. Still as good as I remember however the reliability of it this time was pretty bad (as expected, however, due to it being in its 'soft opening' phase.....although I think it still is?)

3. Space Mountain - Always the highlight of my trip when I visit Magic Kingdom. This coaster genuinely feels out of control sometimes and I love it! Even though its incredibly dark, I still feel like I'm getting so many near misses and head choppers.

4. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster - Love the theme, decent launch, however the rest of the coaster is a bit average in a way. Plus, those harnesses were seriously uncomfortable on the shoulders last time I went on.

5. Escape From Gringotts - Out of all these coasters, this is my favourite in terms of theming (the queue line is one of my favourites in the world) however, the coaster itself does lack. Like @Jamesss said, there is hardly any coaster!

Matt N

CF Legend
I’d vote Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios Florida. The coaster itself is really decent, with some fun twists and turns and good launches, and the theming and effects are phenomenal! I haven’t ridden in 6 years, but from memory, it only narrowly misses my top 10!

Perhaps controversially, I’d put Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts at Universal Studios Florida directly behind it (Mummy is my #11 coaster, while Gringotts is my #12). Yes, there’s not a lot of coaster per se, but as a dark ride and overall attraction, I think it’s absolutely exquisite, with sublime theming, a brilliant ride system, and very well integrated screens! It’s a tough one for me to rank against other coasters, because its coaster section isn’t that extensive, but I absolutely love it as an overall attraction by virtue of its phenomenal dark ride attributes!

Rock’n’Rollercoaster at Disney’s Hollywood Studios was a good ride, from memory, albeit not earth shattering. The launch is incredible (I reckon you could genuinely convince me it was hydraulic if I didn’t know it was LSM!), and it’s decently fast in places, but it doesn’t do an awful lot in some other places and is slightly rattly.

I only managed to do the Alpha side of Space Mountain at Disney’s Magic Kingdom, and while I’d say it felt surprisingly fast for a 28mph coaster and had some surprising airtime in places, it was also not the smoothest of coasters and was generally showing its age a bit, in my view.

Of the ones I’ve done, I rank them as follows:
  1. Revenge of the Mummy (#11/91, 8/10)
  2. Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts (#12/91, 8/10)
  3. Rock’n’Rollercoaster (#25/91, 7/10)
  4. Space Mountain Alpha (#51/91, 5/10)
I haven’t done Cosmic Rewind, and to be honest, I don’t know a huge amount about it because I’ve been avoiding spoilers, but I reckon it could rank towards the higher end of this list based on the limited amount I have heard.

Bathtub Gin

Roller Poster
Rock 'n' Rollercoaster is a full sized roller coaster in a box, and themed to Aerosmith, so it's my winner in this race. Space Mountain, though, was a huge surprise for me, and not far behind. I passed it up entirely in '96, which was the only time I had visited Disney until recent times. My wife loves Disney, so I find myself there often now. I felt pretty dumb for skipping it all those years ago when I finally took it for a spin. Just pure, ridiculous fun.
I've only had one ride on Guardians, and I enjoyed it. I'll get another lap or two in a few weeks, but my immediate reaction was Marvel Space Mountain with bells and whistles.

Mummy is one of the biggest coaster letdowns I can think of that I've experienced. Dark rides aren't my favorite thing to begin with, but I can appreciate them for what they are. Throwing a half-assed section of coaster track into the mix should make it better, but didn't (for me). It's an afterthought when I'm at Universal. I've ridden three times at this point, so I don't think it's something I'm missing- just not my cup... The west coast example is somehow supposed to be an even lesser version of this?

As for Gringotts, I didn't even think to consider it a coaster, honestly.

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Space Mountain
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
Revenge of the Mummy
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

Howie

Donkey in a hat
It's been so long since I've been to Orlando that I only have 3 to my name.

In third place is Space Mountain. Honestly, I thought it was crap. Rode one side (can't remember which side) and just didn't bother with the other. Massive disappointment, was expecting something more akin to the Paris version, which I thought was pretty decent, but no. Rubbish.

Second place goes to Rock n Rollercoaster. Solid ride. Unlike Space Mountain, this one is actually comparable to the Paris version so there was not that element of massive disappointment with this one.

And the winner by a mile is Revenge of the Mummy. Good coaster, decent launch and amazing effects/set pieces, not to mention all that fire! Love a bit of pyrotechnics, me. Was a Top 5 coaster for me back in 2007 and, unless it's deteriorated really badly in the last 15 years, I'd say it was still worthy of Top 20 status.

That's my lot.

I haven't been on Gringotts or Guardians, but I actually adore Revenge of the Mummy and I believe it's in my top fifteen, so I'll go with that.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
  1. Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
  2. Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
  3. Revenge of the Mummy
  4. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
  5. Space Mountain